Yunus govt plans special law to get back ‘stolen billions’ abroad | India News


The interim government is ready to present a special law for next week aimed at accelerating efforts to recover billions of dollars allegedly diverted from Bangladesh to foreign countries. In the absence of the Aparliament session, the law will be promulgated through an ordinance, said Press Secretary of Chief Advisor Yunus Muhammad, Shafiqul Alam.
Referring to the White Book of the Government on the state of the economy, Alam said that approximately $ 234 billion were diverted during the administration of Hasina from 2009 to 2024. In addition, it is estimated that $ 17 billion of the banking system were stolen. He added that the government is currently investigating 11 prominent people and companies, including former Prime Minister Hasina and his family members.
A meeting was held with the task force of 11 members, which was established in September last year. According to Alam, the working group has already been involved with around 200 law firms and can enter agreements with about 30 internationally known signatures to accelerate the recovery process.
Yunus special assistant ‘asked’ to resign
Muhammad Yunus’s special assistant, M aminul Islam, resigned his position on Monday, according to the reports, after the main advisor’s office asked him. “Aminul had the task of helping the educational advisor. Meanwhile, the Government appointed Anisuzzaman Chowdhury as the special assistant of the main advisor, who will supervise the problems linked to the Ministry of Finance, and his condition will be State.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *