WNBA says it cannot substantiate claims that racist remarks were made by fans at Sky-Fever game

The WNBA says that it cannot corroborate the statements that the behavior of racist fans took place during a game in Indianapolis between the sky of Chicago and Indiana Fever earlier this month.

The League said his research included collecting information from fans, team and sand staff, as well as an “audio and video review of the game.”

“We appreciate the rapid action of the Indian League and fever to take this matter seriously and investigate,” said the CEO and president of Chicago Sky, Adam Fox, in a statement. “This process demonstrates the strong position of the League in stopping hate in all WNBA games and events, and we will continue to support those efforts.”

The WNBA, according to a person familiar with the investigation, was investigating the claims that the fans of the Angel Reese of Chicago were directed towards the Angel Reese of Chicago during the defeat against the rookie of the year of the year of the WNBA Caitlin Clark and the fever. Indiana won the game easily, 93-58.

Reese left aside the questions about the investigation before Tuesday’s game against Phoenix Mercury, saying that he was “focused on the game today” and more worried about helping heaven to win their first victory of the season after a start of 0-3.

The first -year coach, Tyler Marsh, echoed the feelings of his front star.

“We appreciate the research carried out and we hope that the League will continue to take the necessary steps to guarantee a safe environment for all, including all the players,” said Marsh. “But tonight, the approach is in the game.”

Reese, which is black, and Clark, which is white, gathered for the seventh time in their continuous rivalry, and very commented. Later, Clark said he did not hear any racist comment during that game, but acknowledged that he was noisy in the Indiana Arena throughout the game.

“It’s very strong here, and although I didn’t hear anything, I think that’s why they are doing the investigation,” Clark said earlier this month. “That is why they are investigating it. That does not mean that nothing happens, so I will trust the investigation of the league, and I am sure they will do the right thing.”

Both teams had previously issued statements that supported the investigation, as did the WNBA players association. The sky played in Phoenix on Tuesday. The WNBPA did not issue any immediate comments after the announcement of the League.

“We appreciate the rapid and exhaustive process carried out by the WNBA to investigate these accusations, which were not justified,” said the CEO of Pacers Sports & Entertainment Mel Raines in a statement distributed by fever. “In Gainbridge Fieldhouse, we are committed to providing the best possible basketball experience for players and fans where hate speech has nothing place. Indiana is home to the best fans in the world, and we expect an exciting season of fever basketball.”

Reese was asked earlier this month if he could provide WNBA with details about the incident. She did not offer details about whether she had done it, saying “that is not a question for me.” Nor did he reveal what kind of comments were made, nor any other detail about what the investigation caused.

But moments before, in the same availability with journalists, Reese said he was receiving broad support from the entire league due to the alleged incident.

“Obviously, there is no place in this league for that,” Reese said at that time. “I think the WNBA and our team and our organization have done a great job supporting me … through this process, if it can happen to me, it can happen to anyone.”



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *