White House, shaken by Signal scandal, says case is closed – World

The Trump administration searched Monday to put the scandal on its use of the signal messaging application behind it, qualifying the closed case, even when the rape caused bipartisan criticism and opened divisions into the White House.

The press secretary, Karoline Leavitt, told the White House journalists that the Administration maintained confidence in the national security advisor Mike Waltz, who has apparently faced criticism for apparently the editor of the editor of The Atlantic Magazine to a private thread that describes an imminent bombing campaign in Yemen.

Leavitt said that measures have been taken to avoid repetition of the incident, although he did not give more details.

“As the president has made it very clear, Mike Waltz is still an important part of his national security team and this case has been closed here in the White House in what is concerned,” Leavitt said Monday.

“There have been steps to ensure that something like this obviously can never happen again, and we are moving forward,” he said.

Yemen’s bombing campaign, which attacked the huti militants who have been attacking commercial ships in support of the Palestinians in Gaza, occurred in mid -March, but was publicly revealed by Atlantic Editor Jeffrey Goldberg on March 24.

Goldberg had been added to the signal chat along with several high -ranking officials, including defense secretary Pete Hegseth, Vice President JD Vance and the director of the CIA, John Ratcliffe.

The Waltz management of the incident grinded to some high -level members of the Trump team, but for now it seems to have survived the incident, said a source familiar with the situation. Another source, a Trump ally, said the president had expressed angry at Waltz’s behavior in private.

On Monday, the Democrats in the Intelligence Committee of the House of Representatives sent a letter to the National Intelligence Director Tulsi Gabbard, asking the intelligence community to carry out an independent investigation into the escape of the signal. The main Republican and Democrat at the United States Senate Armed Services Committee said on March 27 that they had asked the Pentagon to investigate the matter.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *