The forest fire teams of the British Columbia are expected to join the first to respond in Manitoba on Monday to help them fight the largest control of the province at this time.
“We are in the place at this time and, this season, with the current conditions and the activity in the landscape that we can provide to these partners of units,” said the spokeswoman for Infire Wildfire Berg’s service to CBC News on Sunday.
The fire: one of the two fires north of the pas, A city more than 500 kilometers northwest of Winnipeg – It was first detected on May 3 and grew from 100 hectares to 6,600 in four days, according to the Manitoba fire map.
The winds have now pushed it far beyond that, growing out of control to just over 20,000 hectares for Friday and forcing dozens of their homes.
Prime Minister Wab Kinew announced for the first time the deployment of BC teams in Manitoba on Friday at an unrelated press conference where he thanked the province for his support.
Berg said that the forest fire service has deployed two unit crews with 42 members of the island of Vancouver and the southern interior region.
They remain in the province for a maximum of 14 days and could be transferred to another place later at the discretion of the province, unless the situation of the forest fire in BC worsens, in which case they could be removed from the market.
The resources to fight against forest fires are shared “quite frequently” in Canadian jurisdictions and with international partners, Berg said.
Mutual assistance is regulated under agreements provided by the Canadian Integencial Forest Firefighters Center with the intention of assigning available resources where they could most be necessary, he said, especially when one region is better than another.
“We are all in this fight,” he said. “[We] Need to protect communities and infrastructure in our respective provinces, but then throughout the country in general. “
Some evacuated can return home
Some residents of northern Manitoba, forced by the forest fire near the PAS, can now return home, but with the fire even out of control, local authorities warn that they can be ordered to leave again.
Wind and dry conditions, together with warmer temperatures, increased the risk that the incurious incurrs of the rural municipality. At least 290 residents were evacuated from the rural municipality, while at least 90 more had to leave the neighboring area of the provincial Park of Clearwater Lake.
“It is frustrating because the fire is not under control yet and we need to keep the people safe,” News Lori Forbes, RM emergency coordinator told CBC.
The administrators of the rural municipality have been celebrating meetings with the province every day to map the answer and determine if the evacuation order remains, said Forbes.
After Sunday’s meeting, the RM announced through the residents of social networks living within the community in Wanless can return to their homes after 3 pm
Residents must have identification and residence proof that they must show in the obstacle before accessing the community.
The evacuation order remains in force for those who live beyond the profits at the Saskatchewan border, the municipality said. The evacuees of the East and North coast are asked to call their association to obtain more information.
With the forest fire still listed as volatile and burned out of control, the RM is not ruling out the possibility that the returning residents could be forced to leave their homes again.
Meanwhile, the evacuation order rose earlier this weekend for residents in Clearwater Lake, who, according to Forbes, had returned home on Saturday.