The White House commercial advisor, Peter Navarro, said on Monday that Russian crude purchases from India financed the Moscow War in Ukraine and had to stop.
Nueva Delhi was “now full of Russia and China,” Navarro wrote in an opinion article published in the Financial Times today.
“If India wants to be treated as a strategic partner of the United States, she must begin to act as such.”
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of India has previously said that the country is being unfairly marked by buying Russian oil, while the United States and the European Union continue to buy Russia products.
The president of the United States, Donald Trump, announced an additional 25 percent tariff on Indian goods earlier this month, citing the continuous purchases of Russian oil from New Delhi. The measure will take total tariffs in India imports to 50 percent.
“India acts as a global compensation house for Russian oil, turning crude oil into high value exports while giving Moscow the dollars it needs,” Navarro wrote.
The advisor also said that the nearby ties of India with Russia and China made risky transfer military capacities as avant -garde to India.
Separately, Indian Oil Corporation (COI), the main refining refiner, will continue to buy Russian oil depending on the economy, said the company’s chief of finance today, Anuj Jain, a meeting of analysts.
Jain said that his company’s Russian oil processing in the quarter of June was approximately 24 percent compared to an average of 22 percent in 2024/25.
He said that purchases for the quarter of September continued and that discounts on Russian oil were in the range of $ 1.50 per barrel to Dubai’s reference point.
Chinese and Indian life rivals are strengthening ties in silence and cautiously in the context of Trump’s unpredictable approach to both.
The Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi will meet with Chinese President Xi Jinping at the end of the month, while Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi will visit India from Monday to talk about the border dispute between the two countries.
A planned visit of US commercial negotiators to New Delhi from August 25 to 29 has been suspended, a source said during the weekend, delaying conversations about a proposed commercial agreement and the Betting Hope of Relief of Additional Tariffs of the United States on Indian goods from August 27.