US president’s intervention for ceasefire angers Modi loyalists – World

Nueva Delhi: Indian presenter Arnab Goswami was informing Pakistan’s decimation when suddenly, out of nowhere, the fire was announced.

His colleagues from several Pro-Modi television channels reported a “regime change” in Pakistan when they did not mention the dismissal of Russian manufacturing brahmos missiles in densely populated parts of Karachi.

Their audiences were beginning to doubt the ravings, but they had no place to verify the facts. Virtually all foreign channels or newspapers became inaccessible in India by open or undercover means.

“Who authorized President Trump to intervene?” Goswami was foam in his mouth.

In the world of their dreams, there could be no Pakistani pilots who overcome their Indian counterparts, or Pakistan having better airplanes.

Political leadership has generally been defended by its television channels. That link could be reaching a critical point.

The worst part of the attack, however, was not born by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who would have been the obvious interlocutor with President Trump.

The loyal of Mr. Modi turned their anger into the Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Vikram Misri, the man who had been doing the arduous task of informing the nation in the subsequent tensions of the pahalgama and the eventual shootings with Pakistan.

According to the reports, the official was subjected to Vicious Trolling for announcing in the name of the Government the cessation of military operations.

Before the Trolls, the colleagues of Mr. Misri rose in support of the besieged diplomatic.

A publication on the X account of the Association of Administrative Services of India expressed solidarity with Mr. Misri and his family.

“Unjustified personal attacks against public officials who perform their duties with integrity are deeply unfortunate. We reaffirm our commitment to defend the dignity of public service,” said the Bureau of Bureau of India.

The Indian Police Service Association (IPS) also condemned personal attacks against Mr. Misri.

“The deplorable personal attacks against the Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Misri and his family condemn unequivocally. Such unjustified assaults on the officials committed with their functions are intolerable,” said the representative body of police officers.

After Mr. Misri’s personal account on X was subjected to vulgar comments, most pointing to his daughter, blocked his public account, according to the Hindu.

Asaduddin Owaisi, a member of the Hyderabad Parliament, put the problem in context.

“Our officials work under the Executive. This must be remembered and should not be blamed for the decisions taken by the Executive /or any political leadership executing Watan E Aziz (the beloved nation),” he wrote in X.

The leader of the Congress, Sachin Pilot, also condemned the abuse addressed to Mr. Misri’s family.

“It is unacceptable to point to our diplomats and professional officials, those who work dedicated to serving the nation,” said Pilot in X.

The attached leader of Congress in Lok Sabha, Gaurav Gogoi, also supported Mr. Misri.

“Mr. Misri fulfilled his duty impeccably. There is absolutely no reason for someone to feel malice towards him. He has only transmitted the message that the political leadership of India has taken.”

As the story changed to self-recrimination, greater problems for India were assumed.

President Donald Trump and his Chinese counterpart, Xi Jinping, are attacking new commercial agreements.

An approach between the United States and China against the context of the outbreak of India-Pakistan cannot be good news for New Delhi.

Far from the political volatility in Delhi, the Prime Minister of Jammu and Kashmir, Omar Abdullah, urged his people to return to their homes near the control line that has remained silent as rarely before.

Posted in Dawn, May 13, 2025



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *