US hopes that India’s response to Pahalgam attack doesn’t lead to broader regional conflict: Vance – World

The United States Vice President JD Vance said Thursday that Washington expected India’s response to the recent busy assignment attack not lead to a broader regional conflict.

The attack of April 22 at the occupied pahalgama killed 26 people, mostly tourists, who mark one of the most mortal assaults in the region since 2000. India has involved cross -border links without evidence, while Pakistan’s civil and military leadership has rejected the accusation and has requested a neutral investigation.

“Our hope here is that India responds to this terrorist attack in a way that does not lead to a broader regional conflict,” Vance said in an interview about Fox News” Special Report with Bret Baier ‘Show.

“And we hope, frankly, that Pakistan, to the extent that they are responsible, cooperates with India to ensure that the terrorists who sometimes operate in their territory are persecuted and treated,” Vance added.

The main US leaders, including President Donald Trump, have condemned the attack, calling it “terror” and “inconceivable”, while expressing their support for India without directly blaming Pakistan.

India is an important American couple, since Washington aims to counteract the growing influence of China. Pakistan is still the ally of Washington, even when its importance decreased after the withdrawal of the United States in 2021 of neighboring Afghanistan.

In recent days, Washington urged India and Pakistan to work with each other to reduce tensions and reach a “responsible solution.” India has blamed Pakistan for the attack. Islamabad denies responsibility and is asking for a neutral probe.

The United States Department of State said it was in contact with neighbors with nuclear weapons at multiple levels and Secretary of State Marco Rubio made calls on Wednesday with Indian Foreign Minister, Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, and Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif.

“This government is in constant communication,” said state department spokesman Tammy Bruce, journalists at his daily news conference

“We are asking for a resolution responsible for both parties.”

“As the president articulated for Prime Minister Modi last week, the United States remains firm with India against terrorism, and Prime Minister Modi has all our support,” he said.

Bruce said that the Rubio Secretary encouraged both countries to work towards a responsible solution that maintains long -term peace and regional stability in southern Asia.

“We continue in contact with the governments of both countries, as I mentioned, at multiple levels.”

Indian Hindu nationalist prime minister, Narendra Modi, promised to punish those responsible and Jaishankar told Rubio that perpetrators should be taken before justice. Pakistan says that India’s military action was imminent.

After the attack, India suspended the Indo Water Treaty, and both countries closed the airspace to the other airlines. They also exchanged fire through their border.

The Pakistani ambassador, the UN Chief, discusses “Evolutionary Security Situation”

The Pakistani ambassador to the United Nations, Equifikhar Ahmad, met the UN Secretary General, Antonio Guterres, and discussed the latest developments in the region.

“The discussion focused on the evolutionary security situation in southern Asia, as well as the imperative of decalciation and the efforts made in that regard,” said a press release issued by Pakistan’s mission to the UN.

“The ambassador reiterated Pakistan’s commitment to regional peace and stability,” he added.

Early in the day, the UN spokesman Stephane Durric was asked, in information about the UN if Guterres planned to travel to India and Pakistan.

Dujarric replied that the UN Chief had offered his good offices during his telephone calls to Prime Minister Shehbaz and Jaishankar following the attack.

“So I don’t think there is any trip until there is a clear message that, as in any case in which we have high tensions between two countries, that both have accepted their good offices,” he added.

GIVE ABREISE PANAMA HOLPAR ON THE CURRENT REGIONAL SITUATION

Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar, celebrated a telephone conversation on Friday with Panama Foreign Minister Javier Eduardo Martinze-Aca Vásquez, said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a position on X.

“[Dar] He informed him about the current regional situation, including the inflammatory propaganda of India, his illegal unilateral actions against Pakistan, including the maintenance of the Water Treaty of the Indo, a clear violation of international law.

“[Vasquez] Emphasize both parties to exercise restriction, “said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.” Being non -permanent members of the UNSC, the two parties reaffirmed their commitment to international peace and security. “



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *