UK urges ‘all sides’ to meet treaty obligations amid India’s suspension of IWT – World

The Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs of the United Kingdom, David Lammy, urged “all sides” to fulfill his obligations of the treaty, referring to the move of India last month to celebrate the Treaty of the Waters of the Indo (IWT) with Pakistan in suspense unilaterally.

Delhi’s suspension of his participation in the IWT of 1960 was part of his series of measures against Pakistan, who blamed, without any evidence, for a deadly attack in the occupied puppy pahalgama. Pakistan strongly denied any participation and offered a neutral probe.

“We would urge all parties to fulfill their treaty obligations,” Lammy told Reuters In Islamabad at the end of his two -day visit, when asked about the suspension of April 23 of India of (IWT), potentially squeezing the Pakistan water supply.

The 1960 pact governs the use of the Indo River system. Pakistan has said that he would consider “any attempt to stop or divert the flow of water that belongs to Pakistan” to be an “act of war.”

Islamabad plans to launch international legal actions against India on its movement. The Water Commission of the Indo of Pakistan earlier this month shared a detailed report with the Federal Government on Mass Violations of the IWT by New Delhi.

During your interview with ReutersLammy also said that Great Britain was working with the United States to guarantee a high fire between India and Pakistan.

“We will continue working with the United States to make sure we have a durable fire, to ensure that dialogue is occurring and to work with Pakistan and India how we can reach confidence and trust construction measures between the two parties,” Lammy said.

“These are two neighbors with a long history, but there are two neighbors who have barely been able to talk to each other during this past period, and we want to make sure that we do not see a greater climb and that the high fire endures,” he added.

Pakistan has said that Great Britain and other countries, in addition to the United States, played an important role in the decallation of the fight. Diplomats and analysts say that the high fire is still fragile.

Lammy also said that Great Britain would continue working with Pakistan to counteract “terrorism”, saying that it is “a terrible blight in this country and its people, and of course in the region.”

The United States probably avoided the nuclear war Pak-India: Trump

Meanwhile, the president of the United States, Donald Trump, said Washington had avoided what could have been a nuclear war between Pakistan and India.

Military confrontation between India and Pakistan occurred when tensions about Pahalgam’s attack accusations continued to accumulate. On the night of May 6 to 7, New Delhi launched a series of air attacks in Punjab and Azad Kashmir, which resulted in Civil Low. Islamabad responded by demolishing five Indian planes.

After intercepting drones sent by India and Tit-For-Tat attacks in the other air bases, American intervention was needed so that both parties finally drop their weapons. On May 10, when the tensions between the two countries reached their maximum point, Trump announced that the fire between India and Pakistan had been reached.

“The situation had intensified to the point where nuclear war could have exploded,” Trump said in an interview with the US. Fox News on Friday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Joulsjmlm

Answering a question about how to make both countries go back to the edge of the war, Trump described him as “greater success than he will never receive credit.”

“Those are the main nuclear powers […] And they were angry. […] It was Tit-For-OT, it was becoming deeper and more missiles, “he said.

“That is the worst thing that can happen,” Trump said. Referring to the discussions he said he had with Pakistan and India in commerce, the president of the United States said: “I am using trade to solve the scores and make peace.”

Trump said he had great conversations with Pakistan. “You know we can’t forget them because two are needed for tango.”

“Very proud of what we can do with India and Pakistan,” said the president of the United States.

He continued that Pakistan would love to trade with the United States. “They are brilliant people. They make incredible products. We don’t make much exchange with them.”

As the United States imposed heavy bulk to dozens of allies and rivals alike on April 2, Pakistan was beaten by a 29 percent rate on the goods it exports to the United States. The government has said that it is looking for ways to address the commercial imbalance between the two countries.

In commerce with New Delhi, Trump said India was one of the highly tariff nations, which makes it almost “impossible to do business.”

However, India is ready to cut 100 percent of its rates for the United States, he added. “That agreement will come soon,” said the president.

On Thursday, he had declared that India had offered a commercial agreement that proposed “non -tariffs” for US assets.

This interview was the third time in a week that the president of the United States expressed his intention to deepen commercial ties with Pakistan and India.

“We are going to do a lot of commerce with Pakistan … and India,” Trump said earlier this week, remembering that he warned both countries of “not making any trade” if they did not stop fighting. A day after the fire, he said that he was going to “increase substantially with these two great nations.”

The United States Fire had stopped a week of record escalation between Pakistan and India, since the latter took a series of unprovoked military actions despite Islamabad’s call to a neutral investigation on India’s accusations about the attack of Pahalgama.

Trump said after the stop the fire was surprised, the conversations should take place in a third country place, but no dates or locations have been announced for the conversations.

The army has confirmed that 13 security personnel, including members of the Pakistan Army and the Pakistan Air Force, were martyred, the more than 75 they were injured during the confrontation with India.

He also stated that 40 civilians, including seven women and 15 children, lost their lives during Indian aggression, while another 121 suffered wounds.

Pakistan, Turkiye reaffirms the commitment to regional stability

Separated, the Vice Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ishaq Dar, had a telephone conversation with his Turkish counterpart Hakan Fidan.

“The two leaders exchanged points of view on recent developments in the region and discussed ways to further strengthen the bilateral relations of Pakistan-Turkiye. They reaffirmed their commitment to improve cooperation in matters of mutual interest and promote regional peace and stability,” said the foreign office.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *