UAE ‘probably’ won’t join Gaza stabilisation force: senior official

The United Arab Emirates (UAE) does not plan to join the international Gaza stabilization force because it lacks a clear framework, a senior official said on Monday.

“The UAE does not yet see a clear framework for the stability force and, in such circumstances, will probably not participate in such a force,” Emirati presidential adviser Anwar Gargash said at the Strategic Debate forum in Abu Dhabi.

The international force coordinated by the United States has been considered likely to include troops from Egypt, Qatar and Turkiye, as well as the United Arab Emirates.

Last week, US President Donald Trump said he expected the force to be in Gaza “very soon” as a fragile ceasefire remains in place after two years of war.

The oil-rich United Arab Emirates is one of the few Arab nations with official ties to Israel after signing the Abraham Accords during Trump’s first term in 2020.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *