Trump says Putin call yielded no progress on a Russia-Ukraine ceasefire

President Donald Trump said “did not make any progress” towards a possible fire in the Russian-Ukraine war when he spoke on Thursday with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“No, I didn’t make any progress with him today,” Trump told reporters when asked about his call with Putin earlier in the day.

“We had a call. It was a quite long call. We talked about many things, including Iran, and we also talk, as you know, the war with Ukraine. And I’m not happy with that, I’m not happy,” Trump said.

Putin assistant, Yury Ushakov, said in a reading of the call that the two leaders held a “frank and substantive” conversation and that Trump raised the possibility of a high immediate fire in the War of Russia with Ukraine, but that Putin did not agree. Putin said Russia “will pursue its declared objectives” in the conflict, and continues to seek a political resolution to the conflict through negotiations, added Ushakov.

The last publicly known call between Putin and Trump took place last month in a discussion that involved the Israel-Iran conflict, according to a social position by Trump. They also spoke in May about the Ukraine-Russian war.

Representatives of Russia and Ukraine conducted direct conversations in Istanbul in May, but there were no progress.

Trump and some of his allies in Capitol Hill seek to ensure a high permanent fire.

Trump repeatedly said in the campaign that would end the conflict within the first 24 hours of his second term. During a presidential debate in September, he said he could resolve the conflict “even before becoming president.”

Speaking to journalists on Thursday, Trump was also asked about a pause in the United States in shipping missiles and ammunition to Ukraine. Trump denied that there was a pause.

“We have not done it, we are giving weapons because we have given many weapons, but we are giving weapons, and we are working with them and trying to help them,” Trump said. “But, you know, they empty our whole country giving it weapons, and we have to make sure we have enough for ourselves.”

NBC News reported this week that Defense Secretary Pete Hegesh had ordered a shipping pause about concerns about the US Army reserves. UU., According to two Congress officials and two sources with knowledge of the decision.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *