‘Threat to my life and that of my family’: Abu Azmi calls Maharashtra assembly suspension arbitrary | India News


ABU AZMI (ANI file photo)

New Delhi: the Samajwadi MLA ABU Azmi party, who has been suspended throughout the duration of the current Maharashtra budget session On his comments about Emperor Mogol Aurengzeb, he has described the arbitrary decision and raised concerns about threats to his life and his family.
Azmi resorted to the social media platform X to express his concerns, saying: “My suspension is arbitrary by the government, there is a threat to my life and that of my family. Two laws are in force in Maharashtra, if democracy has ended in Maharashtra, then the government can do anything to the public and the elected representatives of the public.”

Previously, Azmi had expressed his disappointment for the suspension and declared that he was willing to withdraw his comments to guarantee the soft operation of the assembly.
He said: “To make sure that the functions of the camera, I talked about withdrawing my statement. I did not say anything bad. Even so, there is a controversy and the chamber procedures are being stagnant. To ensure that the functions of the camera and some work are done during the budget session … I withdraw the statement I made outside the assembly, not in the Chamber. Even so, I have been suspended.”
Azmi has received the support of the Supreme Samajwadi party and former CM de Uttar Pradesh Akhilesh Yadav, who criticized the suspension as a violation of freedom of expression.
“If the base of the suspension begins to be influenced by ideology, what difference will there be between freedom of expression and fastening? Either our MLA or MPS, their intrepid wisdom is unique. If some people think that by ‘suspension’ one can stop them, then this is the child of their negative thinking,” said Yadav.

The suspension was announced by Maharashtra assembly President Rahul Narwekar on Wednesday after a proposal at the Assembly against Azmi’s comments on Aurengzeb. The Minister of Parliamentary Affairs, Chandrakant Patil, declared in the Chamber that Azmi’s “object declaration” had harmed the dignity of the assembly, which led to the decision.
According to the reports, Azmi had said that Aurengzeb was not a “cruel administrator” and had “built many temples.” He also said that the conflict between Aurengzeb and Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj It was governance and not religion.
His comments caused a generalized indignation, particularly among the leaders and supporters of Shiv Sena, who have promised to continue their protests in Maharashtra.
I defend his comments, Azmi later clarified that he had only repeated what historians and writers had documented about Aurangzeb. He said his comments were not intended to be against Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj or Sambhaji Maharaj and insisted that his “words were twisted.”
“Mis palabras se han retorcido. He dicho lo que los historiadores y los escritores han dicho sobre Aurangzeb Rahmatullah alaih. No he hecho ningún comentario despectivo sobre Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, Sambhaji Maharaj o cualquier otro hombre grande, pero aún si alguien ha sido herido por mi declaración, luego, tomo mis palabras, mi declaración”, dijo en un video publicado en un video publicado.
Meanwhile, the Spoil’s ally and the partner of the India block, the head of Sena Ubt, Uddhav Thakeray, criticized Azmi, saying: “It should be suspended permanently. It should not be just for the budget session, the suspension should be permanent.”





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *