Talks with locals underway as sit-in against alleged strike continues in North Waziristan – Pakistan

As a sitting against the death of four children in the alleged fall of the Quadcopter ammunition he continued for the second day in the Waziristan district of the northern Mir Ali Tehsil of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, the police said that the conversations with the local elders on the matter were underway.

The alleged strike took place in the village of Hurmuz de Mir Ali during the day, leaving four children of the same dead family and hurting another five, including a woman, according to Fuentes. It is known that both security forces and forbidden Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) have been using Quadcopters.

Waziristan’s District Police officer of Waziristan, Waqar Ahmad, confirmed to Dawn.com that “the negotiations are ongoing and results are expected.”

Before the conversations began, Mir Ali Tehsildar Sher Bahadar said: “The Jirga representative (nursingized council) has just arrived, and we will design a plan together before continuing with negotiations with them.”

Bahadar said he led a team in the negotiation with the members of Jirga.

While local authorities were investigating the incident, there has been no official federal government statement on the matter. KP’s help minister Haji Nek Muhammad Dawar had firmly condemned the strike and promised to take those responsible to justice.

The locals had organized a sitting in the center of Tehsil with the bodies, which continued today.

Allama Iqbal Dawar, a protest organizer and local leader of PTI, said Dawn.com That the locals have not buried the bodies since the protesters want the authorities to verify the dead.

“We have not buried the four children and we demand that security officials come to see the bodies [to decide] If they are terrorists. “

The PTI leader said there was a break in the sitting until 3 pm due to severe heat. “The bodies are in vehicles and their air conditioners are on,” he said.

Dawar also said that the residents had held a series of meetings with officials after such previous incidents, in which there were civilians.

“But civil victims have not yet stopped and another attack was held on Monday morning. People are now frustrated and insist that drone blows in civilians should stop.

“We are protesting to get a guarantee, but the authorities do not come to talk to us,” he said, before confirmation of conversations.

Dawar said that drones do not reach their goals to hit the militants, but generally fall on the population. He stressed that the locals also opposed the imposition of the curfew and have discussed the problem with security officials.

In March, at least 11 people were killed in Mardan in what the locals insisted that it was a drone strike, but the authorities said it was an operation carried out against militants. According to the locals, the deceased were civilians, including women and children, who worked as shepherds.

An alleged drone attack in the Konrai Raghzai area of ​​the Alto Sur District of Waziristan killed a person and wounded another three in September last year. While local sources confirmed the drone attack, there was no official confirmation of the drone strike.

Separately, the Pakistan Human Rights Commission (HRCP) expressed alarm on the incident in an X.

The organization said: “While the source of the strike is still clear, according to reports, the continuous use of drones in civil areas is deeply worrying and constitutes a serious violation of human rights, including the fundamental right to life.”

“HRCP supports the demand of the local community of an independent investigation into the incident.”

On Monday, Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F), Chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman also approached the incident in the National Assembly in the form of “positive advice” for the government.

He said that the rulers and the establishment should think about giving strength, tranquility and confidence for the nation. “If the drones still fall today in Waziristan […] How will we respond to people? These are sensitive issues and must be reconsidered. We cannot maintain national unity without thinking about this. “



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *