Son of Norwegian princess charged with four rapes – World

The 28 -year -old son of the Princess of the Crown of Norway has been accused of violating four women and several acts of violence, and risks up to 10 years in prison, a prosecutor said on Monday.

Marius Borg Hoiby, who was born from a relationship before the princess of the Mette-Marit crown married Prince Haakon, has been under investigation since his arrest on August 4 of last year under suspicion of assaulting a girlfriend.

He is accused of raping four women while they slept. In at least three of the cases, he met women on the same day and had sexual relations before the alleged violations, Sturla Henriksbo told prosecutors to journalists.

Hoiby is also responsible for filming his genitals without his knowledge.

State Prosecutor Sturla Henriksbo goes to the press to inform about the decision about the accusation of Marius Borg Hoiby, son of the Princess of the Norwegian Crown Mette-Marit, in Oslo, Norway, August 18.-AFP

Henriksbo said researchers had video clips and photographs as evidence. The four violations allegedly took place in 2018, 2023 and 2024, the last after police investigation began.

Other charges against Hoiby include domestic abuse against a former partner and several positions of violence, altering peace, vandalism and violations of orders restrictions against another former partner.

The only victim identified by the Prosecutor’s Office was Hoiby’s ex -girlfriend, Nora Haukland, who is accused of physical and psychologically abuse in 2022 and 2023.

‘Tight fist’

“Violence consisted, among other things, of him, he hit her repeatedly in the face, even with a closed fist, drowning her, kicking her and grabbing her strongly,” said the prosecutor.

“The maximum penalty for crimes in the accusation is up to 10 years in jail.

“These are very serious acts that can leave lasting scars and destroy lives.”

The palace remained with tight lips after the announcement.

“It is up to the courts to consider this matter and reach a decision,” said spokeswoman Sara Svanemyr in a comment sent by email to AFP.

The prosecutor said that Hoiby, as a member of the royal family, would not be treated “lighter or more severe” than anyone in similar circumstances. Hoiby already admitted assault and vandalism in the August 2024 incident.

In a public statement 10 days after his arrest, he said he had acted “under the influence of alcohol and cocaine after a discussion”, having suffered “mental problems” and fighting “for a long time with substance abuse.”

A tall blond who cultivates a “bad boy” look with back hair, earrings, rings and tattoos, Hoiby has been in the eye of a media storm since his arrest.

When accusations of rape emerged in November, a week spent custody, unprecedented for a member of the Royal Family of Norway. After his release, he supposedly went to rehabilitation in London.

‘Golden Cage’

Hoiby is the son of a brief romance between his mother and Morten Borg, who has also been convicted of abuse and drug -related crimes. They were together at a time when the future princess was part of the music scene of the House of Norway, known for her abundance of hash and ecstasy.

He was promoted to the Center for Age at the age of four when his mother married the heir prince of Norway, with whom he went on to have two more children.

Hoiby was raised by the royal couple along with their stepsisters, Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Prince Sverre Magnus, now 21 and 19, respectively. Unlike them, however, it does not have an official public role.

“It has been put in a practically impossible position: a foot inside, one foot outside. Technically it is not part of the royal house, but grew in it,” said Sigrid Hvidsten, a real commentator of the newspaper Dagbladet.

“He has lived in a gray area, a kind of golden cage,” she said AFP in December 2024.

According to the media reports, the members of the gangs, the cyclists of Hells Angels and the members of the Albanian Mafia de Oslo passed. In 2023, the police contacted him to have a warning talk after they saw him move in the same circles as “notorious criminals.”

Last year it arose that Hoiby had already been arrested in 2017 for using cocaine at a music festival.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *