Karachi: Three Junior Police officers, including the Sho of the Darakhshan Police Station, were suspended and degraded to lower ranges on their ‘non -professional conduct’ while investigating the case of kidnapping and murder of Mustafa Amir, authorities said authorities Sunday.
The 23 -year -old had left his residence on January 6 in his car, but did not return. His mother presented a report and two weeks later, the case was transferred to the crime cell against violence (AVCC) when he received a rescue call. However, the slow rhythm of investigation could be measured from the fact that the police could not track the main suspect, Armaghan, until the first week of February.
Police General Inspector (PGI) GHULAM NABI MEMON confirmed to Sunrise that three South Police officers had been suspended and degraded by their “attitude that was not professional.”
However, he defended the senior police officers responsible for the investigations, saying that they faced certain ‘disadvantages’ due to a series of factors during the initial investigation of the case.
Sho between three police suspended by ‘Non -Professional Conduct’
Elaborating, he said that the victim, Mustafa Amir, did not use any local SIM, which made it technically impossible to track for the police.
The second problem was that the victim had been arrested and charged by the Antarcotic Force (ANF) in a drug case. Initially, the Police suspected that it could have been carried by the law enforcement agencies, but it turned out later that it was not in its custody, he added.
In addition, the PGI said the family also received the unexpectedly too late rescue call.
He said that generally when someone disappears, the police used to consider this factor if the victim was kidnapped by rescue or if something else was involved. After several days, the family received a rescue call, which now seemed to be a deliberate movement by the main suspect to divert the attention of the researchers.
After the call, the case was transferred to the AVCC, which in collaboration with the Citizen Police Link Committee began efforts to recover young people. However, it arose that he had been killed on the first day of his kidnapping.
He said there was a “dispute” among the “friends” about which the “extreme action” was taken, which caused Mustafa’s murder.
The PPE said that after the murder, two suspects in the case abandoned the city initially for Lahore and then went to Skardu. He said the main suspect returned to Karachi three days before his arrest. The other suspect, Sheraz, also known as Shavez Bukhari, returned to Karachi two days before his arrest.
He said that after Armaghan’s arrest, the investigators faced another problem, since the court in question did not return the police to investigate. Rather he sent it to jail. Now, the Police have presented a review supplication before the Sindh Superior Court to obtain the return of the main suspect.
“Now, our approach is to guarantee a better investigation of the case to take the culprits before justice,” said the PGI, and added that a better team of investigators had formed, who would work under the supervision of the Sindh attorney general for better results.
The IG urged the family to cooperate with researchers.
Another officer, Dig South Syed Asad Raza said Sunrise that three officers had been suspended because they did not achieve any “progress” in the case.
Answering a question about a report reported by Mustafa Amir’s mother, race said she was aware of the video in which the mother affected by pain had blamed the South-SSP (investigation) for “blaming the victims.”
He added that an investigation would be carried out in such accusations.
According to two orders issued by Dig Raza, the sub -inspector of the Darakhshan Police Station, Abdul Rasheed Pathan and Sio (Station Research Official) of Darakhshan (Investigation) if Zulfiqar Ahmed and the investigation officer like this Iphtikhar Ahmed have been suspended and demoated to the ranges of ranges of ranges of ranks and agent, respectively, with immediate effect, pending research/procedures in their conduct in relation to the case of kidnapping of Mustafa Amir.
They have been sent to the Jardin of the Police headquarters, where they will attend the daily call/parade. They will draw wages and assignments as admissible under the rules.
Posted in Dawn, February 17, 2025