Security forces neutralise 8 IEDs in Chhattisgarh’s Bijapur


BIJAPUR: Security forces in Chhattisgarh’s Bijapur district successfully neutralized eight improvised explosive devices (IEDs) weighing five kilograms each on Wednesday.
The IEDs, planted by Maoists, were discovered during a patrolling operation on Mutvendi-Pidia road under Gangalur police station limits, according to Bijapur police.
A dedicated team of District Reserve Guard (DRG) from Bijapur, along with personnel of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and other units, carried out the operation. They safely destroyed improvised explosive devices, improving area security.
“During a recent area domination and demining operation, the dedicated team of Bomb Disposal Squadron (BDS) of Bijapur District Reserve Guard (DRG), along with BDS Bijapur personnel, 85th and 199th CRPF Battalion and Cobra 205 and 210, carried out effective patrolling in the region, their efforts led to the discovery and recovery of eight improvised explosive devices, each one of which weighed 5 kg, which had been planted by Maoists on the Mutvendi to Pidia route,” Bijapur police said.
The team successfully ensured the safe destruction of these improvised explosive devices on site, improving the security of the area.
The IEDs were planted by the Maoists with the help of a pressure switch system to harm the police.
The Maoist organization is suffering heavy losses at the hands of the security forces. Due to the losses suffered by the Maoists in recent months, the Maoists are trying to harm the security forces by placing improvised explosive devices on internal access routes and on sidewalks, frustrated and irritated, whose victims are sometimes the people common and sometimes even dumb animals.
Thanks to the surveillance and intelligence of the security forces deployed in the area, the nefarious designs of the Maoists are being thwarted. Security forces are doing everything possible to maintain peace and security in the area.
Meanwhile, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Vishnu Deo Sai on Tuesday reaffirmed the state’s firm stance to eradicate Maoism, describing it as a cancer on the society.
Speaking about the recent encounter in Chhattisgarh’s Gariaband, where bodies of 16 Naxals were recovered following an encounter with security forces, the Chhattisgarh Chief Minister highlighted the achievements of security forces and their success in tackling the Maoist menace, emphasizing the government’s commitment to eliminate naxalism in the state.
Following this development, Union Home Minister Amit Shah praised the efforts of the security forces and said that it was a “strong blow” to Naxalism.
“Another tough blow to Naxalism. Our security forces achieved great success in building a Naxal-free Bharat. CRPF, SoG Odisha and Chhattisgarh Police neutralized 14 Naxalites in a joint operation along the border between Odisha and Chhattisgarh. With our determination for free Naxalism and thanks to the joint efforts of our security forces, Naxalism breathes its last today,” he said. the Union Home Minister.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *