The Quebec Ministry of Health has declared the end of the measles outbreak in the province.
A spokesman said Tuesday that the department determined that the outbreak was over after no new cases were reported during the weekend.
Marie-Christine Patry says that an outbreak can be considered whether 32 days passes without a new reported infection.
The Quebec outbreak began in December 2024 and involved a contagious traveler who had visited the province before being diagnosed.
Most cases of the province, 32 of 40, were reported in the Los Laurentios region, north of Montreal.
The Federal Government says that there have been 880 measles cases reported in five provinces so far in 2025, with the vast majority, 804, in Ontario.
Patry says that there has not been a new measles case reported in Quebec since March 18.