Prince Harry says conscience clear over ‘Spare’ memoir, wants to see King Charles more


London-Prince Harry has said that his revealing memoirs “were not revenge”, defending his decision to make public with real disputes while working to repair ties with his family, and the British public.

Harry also pointed out the desire to see more of his father, King Carlos III, after his first meeting in almost two years. The brief tea was a step towards reconciliation after Harry’s Memories of 2023, “Spare”, revealed new details about the bitter internal dispute of the royal family, including statements that his brother, Prince William, physically attacked him.

“I don’t think I transmitted my dirty clothes in public,” Harry told The Guardian Newspaper in an interview published on Sunday.

“It was a difficult message, but I did it in the best possible way. My consciousness is clear,” said Harry, speaking during a trip to Ukraine after several days in the United Kingdom that included his sitting with the king.

Harry’s visit to the Ukrainian capital, Kyiv, was with a team from its Invictus Games Foundation, after an invitation from the Ukrainian government.

“It’s not about revenge, it’s about responsibility,” Harry added his book. “You can’t have reconciliation before having the truth.”

Prince Harry and Prince William in London in 2021. Dominic Lipinski / AFP – Getty Images Archive

Harry, who turned 41 on Monday, described the book as “a series of corrections to stories that are already out there.”

His relationship with his family has been tensioned for a long time, but became publicly frantic after the Duke of Sussex and his wife, Meghan Markle, resigned from the real first -line duties in 2020 and moved to California to launch a combination of media projects and charitable work.

Last week, Harry met Charles for a private tea at the King’s residence, the first time the couple had been seen in 19 months. The details of the meeting remain silent, but Harry suggested that he wants and needs to see his father more frequently.

During the next year, he said: “The approach really has to be in my dad.”

Charles was diagnosed with cancer in February 2024, but has maintained much of the details in private.

Topshot-Britain-Royals-Reina-Muerte
King Carlos of Great Britain and Prince Harry, in London in 2022.LOIC VENANCE / AFP through the Getty Images file

Harry added that his trip to the United Kingdom had approached him to the idea of ​​spending more time there, and even one day bringing his children, despite the unresolved disputes about his security arrangements.

“This week he has definitely approached,” he said.

Only 33% of the British currently have a positive opinion of Harry, according to a recent survey, which makes it one of the less popular prominent real ones that only their wife with 21% and Prince Andrew with 9% with 9% are coming.

After giving up real duties, the protection of the United Kingdom of Harry was degraded from full -time coverage to a case -by -case case. Earlier this year, he lost an appeal in the Court to revoke that decision.

In May, he told the BBC that his father would not talk to him “due to these security things,” but said he was anxious to reconcile with the royal family and that “it makes no sense to continue fighting people.”

Relationships with his brother, the heir to the throne, do not seem to have improved. The couple has not been known since February 2024.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *