Poilievre reaches out to Ontario premier after Conservative election loss


The conservative leader Pierre Poilievre communicated with the Office of the Prime Minister of Ontario, Doug Ford, to organize a call between the two, an apparent attempt to relieve tensions after the Poilievre party lost the federal elections.

The measure follows weeks of conflict within the conservative movement of Canada, including public criticism of Ford.

“I think he has asked everyone throughout the country.

The frost relationship between the progressive conservatives of Ontario and the federal conservatives was On display throughout the campaign, Culminating in an accusation of the Prime Minister of Ontario last Wednesday at a press conference in Brampton, Ontario.

“The last time I checked, Pierre Poilievre never came out in our elections. In fact, he, or one of his lieutenants, told each of its members: don’t you dare to go out and help the PCs. It is not ironic?” Ford said.

When asked to count the disconnection between the two leaders, Ford said last week that “all they have to do is make a phone call.”

Ford is one of the first two progressive conservatives who have had problems with Pailievre and his team in recent weeks. The Prime Minister of New Scotland, Tim Houston, confirmed the tensions between his office and the main advisor of Pailievre, Jenni Byrne, at a press conference last week.

“I think that after four consecutive losses for the Liberal Party, I think it’s time for them to do some investigations of the soul,” said Houston.

He said that federal conservatives have been “excellent for away people and not so good to attract people.”

A spokesman for Houston’s office, Catherine Klimek, said he has not yet received any correspondence after the election of the Pailievre office. Houston is currently in a Commercial mission in Spain.

Pailievre’s reach occurs when he met with the conservative Caucus on Tuesday, where the sources say he spoke extensively. Two Caucus sources said it seemed humiliated in their comments.

Earlier that morning, Pailievre spoke with journalists for the first time from the night of the elections, and since he realized that he lost in his own driving in the Ottawa area.

He defended the campaign that his party made, but indicated that some changes would arrive.

“We have to expand our team, grow our support, build on our strengths of Caucus,” journalists in Parliament Hill told reporters.

Pailievre seeks to maintain conservative leadership and seems to have the support of Caucus. He plans to run in an alberta choice that is on his way to succeeding this summer.

While Pailievre is out of the Commons Chamber, former conservative leader Andrew Scheer will assume the role of an interim opposition leader.

Neither the conservative party nor the official opposition leader’s office responded to a request for comments.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *