Parents accused of fake kidnapping story are charged with murder as search for son continues


California’s parents accused of falsely stating that their 7 -month -old son was kidnapped from a store parking was accused on Tuesday of murder.

Rebecca Renee Haro, 41, and Jake Mitchell Haro, 32, were prosecuted in a Riverside County Court for murder positions and making a false police report, as shown by the judicial records.

They are arrested with a bail of $ 1 million, and their lawyer could not be contacted immediately to comment on Wednesday.

Emmanuel Haro.San Bernardino County Sheriff

The couple’s son, Emmanuel Haro, is still missing. It is presumed dead and the authorities continue to look for their remains.

“The circumstances surrounding this investigation are tragic, and we will continue looking for Emmanuel,” said the San Bernardino County Sheriff, Shannon Dicus, in a Friday statement. “I trust that our justice system holds parents.”

The agents began looking for Emmanuel just before 8 pm on August 14, after Rebecca Haro claimed that he was kidnapped out of Big 5 Sporting Goods in Yucaipa.

She told the researchers that she was outside her vehicle, changing her diaper, when an unknown man assaulted her and hit her unconscious, according to the Sheriff’s department.

The authorities declared that she told them that when she woke up, Emmanuel was no longer there.

“I was going to get the diaper, and someone said: ‘Hello’. I don’t remember anything since then,” he told Ktla-Tv in Los Angeles. Rebecca Haro had a purple eye during the interview in the camera.

“I woke up right here on the floor, and I didn’t see Emmanuel,” he said.

Jake Haro also previously begged his son’s return.

“He is just a baby. He just returns to our son,” he told the news station.

Rebecca Haro’s mother defended the couple, telling Ktla that “they will not hurt that baby.”

Family members could not be contacted immediately to comment on Wednesday.

The Sheriff’s office said that smell monitoring dogs were used to search Emmanuel, and that evidence was discovered that determined that a kidnapping never happened in Yucaipa.

The parents were arrested at their home in Cabazon on Friday. They are scheduled to appear before the court on September 4 for another reading of charges.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *