President Donald Trump said the Palestinians would not have the right to return to Gaza under his American acquisition plan, describing his proposal in extracts of an interview published Monday as a “real estate development for the future.”
Trump told Fox News Bret Baier de Channel that “would possess it” and that there could be up to six different places for the Palestinians to live outside Gaza under the plan, that the Arab world and others in the international community have rejected.
“No, they wouldn’t, because they will have a much better home,” Trump said when Baier asked if the Palestinians would have the right to return to the enclave, most of which have been reduced to the debris by the Israel military since then October of 2023.
“In other words, I am talking about building a permanent place for them because if they have to return now, they will spend years before you can, it is not habitable.”
Trump first revealed the Gaza shock plan during a joint press conference with visiting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday, causing outrage of the Palestinians.
The president of the United States pressed his case so that the Palestinians were transferred from Gaza, devastated by the Israeli bombing and for Egypt and Jordan to take them.
Egyptian Foreign Minister Badr Abdelatty flew to Washington following Trump’s comments.
He met Monday in the State Department with Secretary of State Marco Rubio, and neither spoke with the media.
The king of Jordan, Abdullah II, was ready to hold Trump talks on Tuesday.
In it Fox Interview, which will be broadcast on Monday after the first half was screened a day before, Trump said he would build “beautiful communities” for the more than two million Palestinians living in Gaza.
“It could be five, six, it could be two. But we will build safe communities, a little from where they are, where all this danger is, “Trump added.
“Meanwhile, I possessed this. Think about it as a real estate development for the future. It would be a beautiful piece of land. There is not much money spent. “
‘Unacceptable’
Trump surprised the world when he announced out of nowhere last week that the United States “will take over the gaza strip”, would eliminate the debris and unplugged bombs and make them the “Riviera del Middle East.”
But although initially he said that the Palestinians could be among the “peoples of the world” allowed to live there, since then it seems to harden their position to suggest that they could not.
Netyahu praised Trump’s proposal on Sunday as “revolutionary”, hitting a triumphant tone in a statement to his cabinet after his return from Washington.
“President Trump came with a completely different and much better vision for Israel,” said Netanyahu, who, according to reports, was only informed about the plan shortly before Trump’s announcement.
The reaction of much of the rest of the world has been indignation, with Egypt, Jordan, other Arab nations and the Palestinians who rejected him with control.
The criticism was not limited to the Arab world, with the German Chancellor Olaf Scholz on Sunday labeling the “a scandal” plan, adding that the forced relocation of the Palestinians would be “unacceptable and against international law.”
Trump’s plan has also threatened to interrupt the fragile high the six -week fire between Israel and Hamas in Gaza, and the chances of progressing to a more permanent second phase.
Trump, however, repeated his insistence that he could persuade Egypt and Jordan, both main receptors of US military aid, to come.
“I think I could make a deal with Jordan. I think I could make a deal with Egypt. You know, we give them billions and billions of dollars a year, ”he said Fox.
Last year, Trump described Gaza as “as Monaco”, while his son -in -law Jared Kushner suggested that Israel could clear Gaza of civilians to unlock “property of the coast.” “