New Orleans is preparing for an estimated 125,000 visitors and a presidential visit during the weekend of the Super Bowl 59, while the current Kansas City Chiefs champion faces the Philadelphia Eagles in the Caesars Superdome.
Local companies are lists and the hotel demand is increasing.
TripAdvisor said that the demand for hotel rooms in New Orleans increased 637% this week when fans of the NFL teams competitors are sneaked to find accommodation. The interest of travelers in Pennsylvania and New Jersey has increased more than 14 times, and the interest of people in Kansas and Missouri has increased 8.5 times from the division championship games in the last week of January, said the travel site .
Until Thursday morning, the average hotel room cost $ 650 per night, according to Hotels.com, owned by Expedia.
Caesars has the center of attention, however. Together with the names of names of the New Orleans Saints stadium, where the NFL championship will be played, Caesars also has lucrative status as the only casino in New Orleans.
The company has launched the red carpet with a review of almost half a billion dollars of what was previously a property of the Harrah brand, and is using the great game to present the brand to new customers.
The largest soccer match of the year occurs only weeks after a new year attack that took place in the French quarter of the city and killed 14 people, placing New Orleans on a maximum alert.
Safety in the city is adjusted. The State Police, the City Police and the United States National Security Department have a great presence.
In an informative session of the NFL on Monday, the police said that more than 700 different types of national security officials will be on the ground during the Super Bowl, and that was before President Donald Trump indicated plans to attend the game.
“I am sure that the safer areas to be in the country this weekend are under the security umbrella that our team has gathered,” said Cathy Lanier, NFL Security Director.
From the January 1 attack in New Orleans, the NFL executive vice president, Jeff Miller, said the League has redoubled its security efforts.
“We add resources and feel really good about where we are,” Miller told CNBC.