At least 13 people died, including nine children, and three were injured in the last 48 hours in incidents related to the rain of the monsoon in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, said the provincial authority of Disaster Management (PDMA) in a damage report on Wednesday.
The rains of the monsoon, which fall throughout the region from June to September of each year, continue to open many parts of the country, which leads to the authorities to publish a warning of urban floods for several cities.
The death toll from the death of the monsoon since the end of June increased to 234, according to the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA). Heavy rains caused sudden floods in several districts of KP and Gilgit-Baltistan, damaging houses and increasing water levels in rivers and streams.
In the last 48 hours, Swat has registered the highest toll since six children and a woman died due to sudden floods and a house collapse, while a woman and a child were injured, according to the KP PDMA report.
Three people died in Buner, who experienced heavy rains with thunder and rays. A woman and her son died in a thunder strike, while an eight -year -old boy was swept. “The body has been recovered by the locals,” said the PDMA.
Incidents caused by heavy rains in Bajaur were charged with the lives of a man and a child. The victims were brothers, 21 and five.
“His mother was successfully rescued while the bodies of both brothers were recovered,” said Baja’s deputy commissioner’s office cited.
According to the report, a woman also died in Alto Kohistan, while a child was injured in Torghar, since heavy rains caused a roof. A total of 19 houses had been damaged due to the strong downpour, of which two were completely destroyed and 17 partial damage suffered.
“It is likely that the current spell of heavy rains will continue intermittently until July 25,” the report said.
“The PDMA has already sent a letter to all district administrations to take precautionary measures in view of the climate situation, and has ordered that relief activities intensify in the affected districts to provide an immediate relief to all victims,” he said.
The authority ordered that all tourists be informed of the weather and take precautionary measures.
“The public must communicate with the 1700 free aid line for any unpleasant incident, weathering updates and information,” the report added.
On Monday, KP’s Prime Minister Ali Khan Gandapur ordered the district administration to remain on a maximum alert after the forecasts indicated more monsoon rainfall in the province.
He instructed all relevant departments to take precautionary measures to treat potential risks such as floods and landslides.
A day earlier, the Pakistan Meteorology Department (PMD) warned about a greater risk of flooding floods of the glacial lakes (Glof) in Gilgit-Baltistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, since more than 200 stranded tourists were rescued from the GB district of Diamers when strong floods wasted the region.
All tourists stranded in Babusar Highway rescued
All tourists who were stranded on the Babusar highway have been rescued and are currently in Chilas City, according to Gilgit-Baltistan spokesman, Faizullah Faraq.
He said that the search operation of those missing is still ongoing.
“The Karakoram road has closed again in one or two points, which has left thousands of travelers stranded in several places on the road,” said Faraq.
He pointed out that local owners of private hotels, as well as the government, have organized free accommodation for tourists. “
The work is underway to restore the silk route to Bisham, said Faraq.
He added that GB Prime Minister Haji Gulbar Khan would visit today the affected area of Babusar Highway to personally review the damage caused by floods and see the problems faced by tourists.
The spokesman also said that the prime minister will issue important orders regarding the disasters of the floods and the rehabilitation of the victims.
Road link between Jhelum and Pindan Khan being restored
Meanwhile, Jhelum’s attached commissioner (DC) Syed Meisam Abbas said Dawn.com That the road link suspended between Jhelum and Pindan Khan Tehsils was urgently restoring due to the collapse of the bridge between Darapur and the bhumbar cities.
The newly built bridge was swept during the sudden floods last week in the Jhelum district.
DC Abbas said a steel bridge in Banahn Nullah was about to finish, with the engineers who work day and night to restore the road link on the Lillah-Jhelum road.
The officer said that during the recent sudden floods, Banaahn’s Nullah had extended to the width of eight kilometers, while in normal floods, his amplitude was recorded as just 1 km. The officer said that the change in his course also flooded the residential areas of Chotala, Bhumbar, Shahpur and Darapur, while the farms and dispersed localities were also affected, and the residents were safely evacuated.
The attached commissioner said that the recently built bridge was also swept and that the direct road link for all types of traffic was suspended.
He also said that the Punjab road department and the district administration decided to establish a steel bridge for light transport to restore public bonding. The DC said the bridge would open soon to cross the Nullah only for light vehicles.