More women come forward over ‘prolific’ Chinese rapist – World

More than 20 women have presented that they may have been sexually assaulted by a Chinese student sentenced last month for violating 10 women, London police said Wednesday after an international appeal.

According to a report published in 2024, UNICEF estimates revealed that more than 370 million girls and women lives today experienced sexual violation or aggression before 18 years.

The 28 -year -old Zhanhao Zou Series rapist, who must be sentenced in June, attacked young Chinese women who invited his floor to drink drinks or to study before drug and attack them.

He filmed some of the violations with hidden or hand, his London trial was told. Of the 10 women cited in the trial, only two have been identified.

After his sentence of March 5, the Met Police in London said they had evidence to suggest that he could have attacked more than 50 women and urged possible victims to present themselves.

“Given how prolific it seems to have been, there is all the potential that could be one of the most prolific criminals we have seen,” said MET Commander Kevin Southworth.

Southworth said that 23 potential victims had contacted the officers of “different parts of the world.”

“The main places in which we believe that offending may have happened at this time seem to be … here in London and China.”

No one had even contacted Belfast Police in Ireland del Norte, where Zou also studied in 2017 before moving to London two years later, but Southworth said the officers were “open -minded.”

“Given how active and prolific that Zou seems to have been with his horrible offense, there is all the prospects that he may have offended anywhere in the world,” he added.

Zou, who was an engineering student at the University College in London, was declared guilty by a jury on March 5, 28 crimes, including 11 positions of rape, with two of the positions related to a woman, three voyeurism charges and one of false imprisonment.

He was also convicted of three positions to have butanodiol, an industrial solvent, with the intention of committing a sexual crime and 10 positions of possession of an extreme pornographic image.

The MET said the officers were compiling new evidence that will be presented to prosecutors after Zou’s judgment on June 19.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *