New Delhi: The Interior Ministry (Mha) On Friday he requested the approval of the president of India to process the former Minister of Delhi and leader of the AAP, Satyendar Jain, under section 218 of the Bharatiya Nyaya Suraksha Sanhita (BNS), 2023, authorities said.
According to PTI sources, the application is based on the evidence provided by the Execution Directorate (DE), which has found sufficient reasons for prosecution in the case.
The authorities said: “On the basis of the material received from the compliance address, it has been found that sufficient evidence grants the sanction.”
The MHA movement occurs after reviewing the findings of ED research on alleged financial irregularities linked to Jain. The final decision now falls to the president.
The case of ED against Jain comes from a FIR 2017 presented by the Central Investigation Office (CBI) under Section 13 (2) (Criminal misconduct by a public servant) Read with Section 13 (E) (disproportionate assets ) of the prevention of corruption law, 1988.
The agency claimed that Jain, with the help of her relatives and associates, accumulated disproportionate assets between February 14, 2015 and May 31, 2017, while working as Minister in the Government of Delhi. The Emergency Department said that several companies owned and controlled by JAIN received accommodation tickets that amount to ₹ 4.8 million rupees of Shell companies in exchange for effective cash through the Hawala operators based in Kolkata.
It was said that two other defendants, Vaibhav Jain and Ankush Jain, were the main shareholders and directors in three of these companies. Delhi’s Superior Court had recently dismissed its bail supplications for non -compliance on October 1.
The Court highlighted the importance of individual freedom, particularly in cases governed by strict laws such as the Money Laundering Prevention Law (PMLA). It was based on the judgment of the Supreme Court in the case of Manish Sisody, which underlined the fundamental right to a rapid trial.
Jain’s lawyer, Senior N Hariharan lawyer and defender Vivek Jain, argued that he had spent 18 months in custody, while Delhi’s deputy, Manish Sisodia, arrested in the alleged scam of special tax policy, had passed 17 months before receiving bail. They pointed out that the case involves 108 witnesses and more than 5,000 pages of documents, which makes the trial a long process.
Opposing the bail statement, the Emergency Department said that Jain could influence witnesses if they are released. However, the Court imposed strict conditions, prohibits traveling outside India without permission, contacting witnesses or influencing the trial in some way.
Jain’s legal team also cited previous judgments in intermediate cases of PMLA where the bond had been granted despite the strict conditions. They pointed out that almost all the defendants in the case of Delhi’s special tax policy, which allegedly involves hundreds of millions of millions, have been granted bail.