Man charged after coaches say he threatened to stab someone at girls’ soccer game in GTA


Police accused a man of pronouncing threats after an incident during a U13 women’s football game in Vaughan last week, where coaches say that a father threatened to stab someone.

However, to whom exactly the threat was addressed between the two teams.

The incident occurred during a game between Kleinburg Nobleton Soccer Club (KNSC) and Glen Shields Juventus FC on June 20 at Concord Thornhill Regional Park.

About 10 minutes from the second half, a KNSC player collided with a Glen Shields player, said Nikita Moriarity, KNSC assistant coach.

A video recording of the KNSC game seems to show a time when two players collided, with a girl falling to the ground.

After the referee blows the whistle, you can hear a voice shouting: “I’m going to fis to stab.”

You can listen to a young player saying: “He told me that he is going to stab” with a spectator adding “yes, I heard it. I also listened to that.”

The York Regional Police said a man was arrested on Friday in relation to the incident and was accused of pronouncing threats.

Different accounts of the threat of who went to

Moriarity said the threat was addressed to a KNSC player, who was “obviously distressed, very fearful” after the comment was made.

“When they are supposed to be models to follow, that they are supposed to encourage and develop young minds, acting or saying that kind of thing in the bank, regardless of who is directed, that is worrying,” Toronto told CBC.

KNSC assistant coach Nikita Moriarity said the comment was aimed at a club player. She said the player was “obviously distressed, very fearful” after the comment was made. (Mathis Cardinal/CBC)

However, in a statement published on Instagram on Friday, Glen Shields Juventus FC said they carried out an internal review of the incident, which included the analysis of “available images” and the collection of ocular witness accounts, and discovered that the comment was made towards an adult in the game, not a player.

“While the first media reported that a public statement suggested that the comment was made for a young player, our findings do not support that account,” said the club in his statement.

The individual who supposedly made the comment has temporarily restricted himself to participate in any activity of the club, “waiting for the result of a complete investigation by the appropriate authorities,” says the statement.

“Glen Shields Juventus FC maintains a strict zero tolerance policy towards abusive behavior in any way, either aimed at players, referees, coaches or spectators.”

In an email, the president of the club, Aldo Lippa, said he will not talk to the media about the incident.

Both clubs are part of the Soccer Association of the York Region (YRSA). The sports director of the association, Tony Fonseca, said he is aware of the incident in an email to CBC Toronto, and that the teams and the YRSA are “acting accordingly” as police investigation continues, he said.

“This does not reflect the great sports spirit and respect demonstrated at all times by all our member clubs in the York region every time they enter the field,” he wrote.

“Such deplorable behaviors do not have a place in our environments.”

KSNC Chief coach asking for consequences

Ontario Soccer said he was also aware of the incident in a statement, but the Yrsa is handling the case, since he involves clubs in his district.

If there is a formal complaint against Ontario football, the organization said that an independent third will administer the case.

But KSNC chief coach Andrea Yepez said he is questioning whether Ontario’s football will take measures after the incident to protect girls and women in football.

“[Are] Are there certain protocols or procedures established for the safety of the players? “, Said.

Soccer coach in a field that speaks in a microphone
Ksnc’s chief coach Andrea Yepez said she has dealt with intimidation before as a women’s coach in a sport dominated by men, but the alleged threat “raised the bar.” (Mathis Cardinal/CBC)

Yepez said she has dealt with intimidation before as a women’s coach in a sport dominated by men, but the alleged threat “raised the bar.”

She is asking for consequences after the incident, which she reflects a toxic culture in progress between some clubs and parents.

“We are not going to turn … we will continue working, continue maintaining the objectives and our character,” he said.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *