‘Love Island USA’ star Cierra Ortega sorry for using anti-Asian slur, says ICE was called on family

The former reality contestant of the reality of “Love Island”, closes Ortega, addressed her previous use of an anti-Asian insult only a few days after she was abruptly withdrawn from the program, saying that ICE was called to her family as part of the intense reaction.

Ortega, 25, published what he described as a “video of responsibility” to his Instagram on Wednesday night addressing resurgent social networks that used insult. She began the video apologizing to the Asian community.

“I had no idea that the word had so much pain, so much damage, and came with the story that made or never used it,” Ortega said. “I had no bad intention when I was using it.”

Although Ortega mentions multiple publications that resurfaced, he only addressed one of last year who said a follower had called her. According to online screenshots, Ortega published an Instagram story that told his followers that he was making Botox “open” his eyes.

That post used a derogatory term that historically originated as an insult against the Chinese, but is often used more generally towards Eastern Asians.

Ortega published a screenshot from a follower who responded to Instagram’s story calling her for using the insult. The star of reality said he eliminated Instagram’s publication and apologized to the person who called her.

“I immediately corrected, the word was immediately removed from my vocabulary,” Ortega said.

Although Ortega refers to multiple publications resurfaceing, he did not approach any other, including one that seems to go back until 2015. He seemed to deny the authenticity of a screen capture that he allegedly showed Ortega told him about the insult and doubled.

Ortega referred to him and added: “That was not the case.”

He continued to say that “completely” he agreed with the decision to get her out of the program, but that the aggressive reaction against her family was “extremely difficult. Ortega, who is of Mexican and Puerto Rican descent, added that his family “has called them ice.”

“My family does not feel safe in their own home,” Ortega said. “I am receiving death threats … there is no need to combat hatred with hatred. I don’t think that is justice.”

Ortega’s video responses were mixed, and some people supported the 25 -year -old girl and others expressing skepticism for her response.

“I love this answer and responsibility,” wrote a commentator. “I really hope that the community forgives you and see how sincere you are.”

Some comments accused her of being “calculated”, referring to her clothing options for the video and the disbelief that Ortega did not know what the word meant.

“Sweater of empathy and jade necklace,” a person wrote. “She is so calculated and you are falling in love with it.”

Another commentator made it clear that he did not find the video of Ortega credible, but wrote that he believed that Ortega “deserved grace” and expected the star of reality to “really really learn from this.”

Many pointed out that, regardless of their opinion, it was unacceptable to send death threats and inform Ortega’s family to immigration officials on the subject.

Ortega is the second contestant to be started from the program this season, like Yulissa Escobar abruptly came out last month after the video clips appeared that appeared to show her using a racist insult while she was in a podcast.

Escobar wrote an apology after leaving the program, saying that he used the insult “did not completely understand the weight, history or pain behind him.”

“Love Island” is transmitted in Peacock, owned by NBCuniversal, the NBC News matrix company.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *