Lawyers battle over Trump admin deporting immigrants to war-torn South Sudan


For the second time in less than two weeks, immigration lawyers have gone to the Federal Court to try to prevent the Trump Sports Administration from a small group of immigrants from the United States to a country devastated by the war, not yours.

Immigration lawyers told the Court that at least two of its clients, of Myanmar and Vietnam, were deported Tuesday morning to South Sudan in violation of a court order, and demanded their return.

“The court should restrict even more all flights that transport members of the South South Sudan class or any other third country,” said lawyers.

The National Security Department did not immediately respond to a request for comments and NBC News could not independently verify a deportation flight to South Sudan.

A travel warning of the State currently warns Americans not to go to South Sudan “due to crime, kidnapping and armed conflict” and points out that in March, due to the situation there, the department “ordered the game of employees of the United States government non -emergency of South Sudan.”

The two immigrants who were allegedly sent to South Sudan on Tuesday had final elimination orders that allowed the government to deport them to their respective countries of origin, according to judicial presentations.

In their presentation, the lawyers included an email from the wife of an Vietnamese immigrant who said she believed that her husband and at least ten other people were deported to South Sudan this morning. She said immigrants had refused to sign forms that facilitate their deportation to a country not yours.

The wife, whose name was written in the presentation, wrote to her husband’s lawyers: “The order of removal signed by a judge is to deport my husband to his country of origin, Vietnam, not any other third country.”

Earlier this month, the Trump administration had tried to send a group of immigrants to Libya. Immigrants were from countries such as the Philippines, Vietnam and Laos, according to an emergency motion presented by their lawyers at that time. That flight was arrested after a federal judge issued a temporary restriction order.

The judge said immigrants had to receive a notice and gave the opportunity to raise concerns about possible torture or persecution. The attempt to stop or reverse deportations to South South one is before the same judge.

Immigration lawyers believe that at least one of the people that the Trump administration had tried to send to Libya was sent to South Sudan.

The efforts to get to the South Sudan government to make comments were not successful.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *