Khawaja Asif clarifies remarks about ‘imminent’ Indian military incursion, says words misinterpreted – Pakistan

Defense Minister Khawaja Asif, clarified on Monday that his previous comments, who suggested an “imminent Indian military incursion” after a deadly militant attack against tourists occupied last week that bilateral relations were tensed, were misunderstood.

The April 22 attack killed 26 people, mostly tourists, and was one of the most mortal armed attacks in the Himalayas region in dispute since 2000. The resistance of Kashmir, also known as the front of the resistance, said that “unequivocally” denied participation in the attack, after an initial message that was responsible.

India, without offering any evidence, has involved the cross -border links of the attackers, while Pakistan has strongly denied any participation. Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has requested a neutral investigation into the incident. India’s defense forces have carried out several military exercises throughout the country since the attack. Since the incident, nations with nuclear weapons have unleashed a series of measures from each other.

Early, Asif told him Reuters In an interview in his office in Islamabad: “We have reinforced our forces because it is something that is imminent now. Then, in that situation, some strategic decisions must be made, so those decisions have been made.”

Asif said that since the rhetoric of India was increasing, the Pakistani army had informed the government about the possibility of an Indian attack. He did not enter more details about his reasons to think that an incursion was imminent.

After Kashmir’s attack, India claimed that two alleged attackers were Pakistani. Islamabad has denied any role and requested a neutral investigation.

Asif said that Pakistan was on a maximum alert and that he would only use his arsenal of nuclear weapons if “there is a direct threat to our existence.”

In a separate interview in TV Samaa Showing ‘Red Line’, Asif said: “We should be mentally prepared, there is a war that is coming on the horizon. The possibility is, a very vivid possibility that we can have the war in the next day or two or three or four.”

Questioned about your comments in an interview in Geographical newsAsif said: “I think he has misunderstood some other channel, Samaa. I have already talked to them and I have not said something like that. They (the channel) asked what the possibilities of war were, so I said that the next two or three days were crucial.

“If something has to happen, then it will happen in the next two or four days … otherwise, the immediate danger will happen.”

Asif clarified that his statement should not be misunderstood as a categorical prediction that the war would begin in the next two or three days, reiterating that he had only said that the “next few days would be crucial.”

He said the news channel was also making the necessary corrections.

The defense minister said there was “absolutely no doubt” that the danger was coming, but “I never said anything about his inevitability.”

Asif added that other countries in the region were working to avoid any contentious situation and decline the matter.

“Pakistan is 100 percent ready to face any combat situation if the sovereignty of the country is threatened or the war imposed,” he said.

He reiterated that he had said that there was a danger that the war would explode in the next few days, but it could also be avoided.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hfr58kSesq



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *