Israel proposes 40-day Gaza ceasefire deal to secure release of 11 hostages, return of 16 bodies: report – World

Israel presented a new proposal on Monday for a high fire in Gaza, local media reported.

The Haaretz Daily, citing a high -ranking Israeli official, he said that Israel had asked the Palestinian militant group Hamas through mediators in Egypt and Qatar for the release of 11 live hostages and the return of 16 bodies, in addition to providing information about the remaining captives in Gaza, in exchange for a suspension of 40 days of hostilities.

In addition to Alto El Fuego, Israel would free an un specified number of Palestinian prisoners from their prisons, said the newspaper.

The official said that on the fifth day of the agreement, Israel would request Hamas information regarding the rest of the captives in their custody.

According to the Israeli proposal, Tel Aviv would ask Hamas to release the bodies of 16 Israeli hostages on the tenth day of the agreement, about half of the total number of remains of Israeli hostages that it is believed that Hamas in Gaza in Gaza.

Israel, Hamas or the mediators have issued comments on the report.

Israeli estimates indicate that 59 hostages remain in Gaza, including 24 that are alive.

Meanwhile, Israel has more than 9,500 Palestinian captives under conditions that human rights organizations describe as hard, citing torture, mistreatment and medical negligence reports, which have resulted in deaths.

Israel began a surprise air campaign in the Gaza Strip on March 18 and has killed more than 1,000 people and wounded more than 2,000 others since then, breaking a high -fire in January and the exchange of prisoners.

More than 50,000 Palestinians have been killed in Gaza in Israel’s military attack since October 2023, most of them women and children.

The International Criminal Court issued arrest orders last November for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his former Defense Minister Yoav Gallant for war crimes and crimes against humanity in Gaza.

Israel also faces a case of genocide in the International Court of Justice for its war in the enclave.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *