Iran says it will continue nuclear talks with the U.S., shrugging off Trump’s threats


The president of Iran said that his country will continue with conversations with the United States for his nuclear program that advances rapidly, but will not retire from his rights due to the threats of the United States.

“We are negotiating, and we will negotiate, we are not looking for war, but we do not fear any threat,” said President Masoud Pezeshkian during a speech to the Navy officials who are broadcast on state television on Saturday.

“It is not as if they think that if they threaten us, we will renounce our human and definitive right,” said fishshkian. “We will not withdraw, we will not easily lose the honorable military, scientific, nuclear in all fields.”

The negotiations have reached the “expert” level, which means that the parties are trying to reach an agreement on the details of a possible agreement. But an important point of conflict remains the enrichment of Uranium by Iran, which Tehran insists that it should be allowed to do and the Trump administration insists more and more that the Islamic Republic must surrender.

In this photo published by the Iranian Presidency Office, President Masoud Pezeshkian talks to Navy officials, in Tehran, Iran, Saturday. (Iranian Presidency Office through AP)AP

President Donald Trump has repeatedly threatened to unleash the air attacks aimed at the Iran program if an agreement is not reached. Iranian officials warn more and more that they could pursue a nuclear weapon with their enriched uranium arsenal to close levels of degree of weapons.

Earlier on Friday, Trump said Iran received a proposal during the conversations, although he did not explain.

During his trip to the region this week, Trump in almost all events insisted that Iran could not be allowed to obtain a nuclear bomb, something that the intelligence agencies of the United States evaluate that Tehran does not actively pursue, although its program is at the cusp to be able to arm nuclear material.

Mohammad Eslami, head of the Atomic Organization of Iran, emphasized the peaceful nature of the program, saying that it is under “continuous” monitoring by the UN Nuclear Control Agency, State TV reported Saturday.

“No country is monitored by the agency like us,” said Eslami, added that the agency inspected the country’s nuclear facilities more than 450 time in 2024. “Something around 25% of all agency inspections” in the year.

Meanwhile, Israel has threatened to attack Iran’s nuclear facilities if he feels threatened, which further complicates tensions in the Middle East already enriched by the Israel-Ahamas War in Gaza.

In his first reaction to Trump’s regional visit, Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said Trump was not truthful when he made statements about the creation of peace through power.

“Trump said he wanted to use the power for peace, he lied. He and the US administration used power for the massacre in Gaza, to fight wars anywhere they could,” Khamenei said on Saturday during a meeting with teachers broadcast on state television.

The United States has provided Israel bombs of 10 tons to “fall in children from Gaza, hospitals, houses of people in Lebanon and anywhere else when they can,” Khamenei said.

Khamenei, who has the last word on all the affairs of the Iranian state, reiterated his traditional position against Israel.

“Definitely, the Zionist regime is the place of corruption, war, cracks. The Zionist regime that is lethal, dangerous and cancerous tumor should be eradicated, and it will be,” he said, and added that the United States has imposed a pattern to Arab nations under which they cannot strive without support from the United States.

“Surely this model has failed. With the efforts of regional nations, the United States should leave the region, and it will leave,” Khamenei said.

Iran has long considered the military presence of the United States in the region as a threat to its door, especially after Trump took out the United States from a 2015 nuclear agreement with Iran in 2018 and reimposed the paralyzing sanctions.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *