A recent evaluation suggests that Iran could resume nuclear enrichment in a matter of months, the sources say. The Senate passes a package of expenses that obtains funds for public media NPR and PBS. And a substitute speaks after discovering the couple for which he had a child had 21 children.
This is what you should know today.
Iran could resume nuclear enrichment in a matter of months, now the US
A recent evaluation of the destruction caused by the United States strike in Iranian nuclear sites last month determined that an enrichment site was mainly destroyed, but two others were not so damaged.
The sites have been degraded only to a point where nuclear enrichment could be resumed in the coming months if Iran wishes, five current and previous officials of the United States familiar with the evaluation said. The evaluation was informed to some US legislators, officials of the Department of Defense and allied countries in recent days, four of the sources said.
A current United States official and two former US officials also told NBC News that the United States central command had developed a much more comprehensive plan to attack Iran. He would have involved reaching three additional sites in an operation that would have stretched several weeks instead of one night. President Donald Trump rejected that option because he disagreed with his foreign policy instinct extracts the United States from conflicts abroad, as well as the possibility of a greater number of victims on both sides, a current official and a former official said.
This is the morning summary, a newsletter from Monday to Friday to start your day. Register here To get it on your entrance tray.
While Trump has called Iran a “spectacular military success” that resulted in the key enrichment facilities for Iran are “completely and totally erased”, the reality obtained through intelligence until now seems to be more nuanced.
It is possible that the United States can be again in a conflict in Iran, two of the sources said, and there have been discussions within the American and Israeli governments about whether additional strikes could be necessary if Iran will not restart the negotiations of nuclear agreements, or if there are signs that the Islamic Republic is trying to rebuild in one of the less damaged facilities.
The United States in June attacked three enrichment sites in Iran: Fordo, Natanz and Isfahan. Much of the public messages of the Trump administration on strikes has focused on Fordo, which for a long time has been seen as a critical component of Iran’s nuclear ambitions. Even if Iranian sites were not completely destroyed, US officials and Republican defenders of the operation believe it was a success because the nuclear equation for the country has changed.
Read the full story here.
The Senate passes a $ 9 billion termination package
A large expenses packet is back in the camera for another vote after the Senate led by the Republicans approved the measure at dawn on Thursday. The termination package requested by Trump cancels the funds previously approved for foreign aid and the Corporation for Public Transmission, which finances NPR and PBS. The 51-48 Senate vote followed a series of 13-hour votes on amendments, with the Republican sensor Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski joining all the Democrats in opposition to the final bill.
The package must pass again at home before Trump signs it. Senators modified the measure to eliminate $ 400 million in cuts to a foreign aid program to combat HIV/AIDS. Read the full story here.
More politics news:
- Vice President JD Vance offered an early vision How Republicans sell Trump’s internal policy package to voters before the intermediate works of 2026.
- A new report warns that Medicaid shorts in the Megabill It could lead to more than 1,000 additional deaths and almost 100,000 hospitalizations more every year.
- The transport department said it is revoke $ 4 billion in federal funds For the California High Speed Railway Project.
- Fund collection reports presented this week threw new light on the battle for the control of Congress in 2026. There are five conclusions here.
- Triumph He said it was “very unlikely” He would lend the president of the Federal Reserve, Jerome Powell, despite telling a room full of Republican legislators who was considering doing so.
The DOJ dismisses an Epstein prosecutor and daughter of Trump enemy
The Department of Justice has fired the federal prosecutor Maurene Comey, according to four sources familiar with the matter. Comey, who worked in the Southern New York district, prosecuted Sean “Diddy” combs and played a role in prosecuting of the deceased financial Jeffrey Epstein and his co-conspirador Ghislaine Maxwell. While it is not clear why Comey said goodbye, a source said that article II of the Constitution was cited, which establishes the president’s executive branch.
Trump previously accused the father of Comey, former FBI director James Comey, as well as former presidents Joe Biden and Barack Obama, of inventing Epstein documents, without citing evidence. The Department of Justice Last week he confirmed a criminal investigation James Comey, although exactly what caused that decision is not clear.
The last dismissal comes when Trump is under the intensification of the political pressure of his Maga Base to release information related to Epstein’s research. The president yesterday rejected his followerscalling them “weak” that have bought “bull —-” about Epstein, the convict sexual offender whose death in 2019 for suicide has fed conspiracy theories. Your comments also have Put the media aligned by Maga in a linkwith points of sale and figures divided between the president and his base.
Subrogate horrified when learning the couple for whom a baby had to have 21 children
Kayla Elliot said he thought he was helping a family that could not conceive when he agreed to be a substitute for a couple in California. Now, he is working to obtain the custody of the child who was born after the police He discovered 21 childrenSome of which were born from different substitute mothers, who live in a house in the Los Angeles area.
The residents of the house, Silvia Zhang and Guojun Xuan, were arrested in May under suspicion of serious crime in danger and negligence after a local hospital called the police to report that a 2 -month -old baby had arrived with head injuries. The investigation led to the discovery of more than a dozen children in the house of Arcadia of the couple, to the northeast of Los Angeles. An order has been issued for a babysitter who worked with the couple and it is suspected that the child violates violently.
Elliot said yesterday in an interview that something seemed missing when he gave birth in March. But he was still surprised to know about the accusations against Zhang and Xuan. “He simply does not expect that he will go through a pregnancy and a childbirth and then deliver to his parents and, suddenly, discover that there was abuse and negligence,” Elliot said.
Read the full story here.
read all about it
- One person died and another 13 were injured after a group of people They were beaten by lightning in a range of arc of New Jersey.
- The ICE agent who supervised the arrest of the doctoral student at the University of Tufts, Rumeysa Öztürk. that asked a lawyer if the arrest was even legal.
- Trump said Coca-Cola agreed to start using cane sugar in soft drinks in the United States, but the company He has not explicitly said that he would.
- Three current and previous police chiefs from Louisiana, a marshal from the United States and a businessman They were federally charged with participating in an immigrant visa fraud scheme.
- Barack and Michelle Obama He laughed at rumors of divorce in a recent episode of his podcast.
Staff selection: The 33 -second scene is considered ‘too sensual’ in India

Julio has been a month of success in India for Hollywood. “Superman” and “F1: The Movie” have been a success in the country, but the filmmakers with whom I talked have enraged in the Indian censors due to the abrupt cuts in both films. In the Superman of James Gunn, a kiss in the air of 33 seconds between Lois Lane and Clark Kent was considered “too sensual”, and the Indian authorities also agreed with the middle finger in F1, replacing it with a fist in a scene that showed him as an emoji. Censorship is a routine for Indian cinematics, who accuse the authorities of forcing arbitrary and moralistic changes in Hollywood films, while they adopt double scratches for Bollywood movies, which are often mixed with insinuations, misogyny and sensual scenes.
– Mithil Aggarwal, reporter
Select NBC: online purchases, simplified
Are the plants based as effective as the bleach when it comes to cleaning his bathroom? NBC select the benefits and disadvantages of different types of shower cleaners. In addition, the team shares the best filtered shower heads For sensitive skin or dry hair.
Register in the selection Bulletin for practical reviews of products, expert purchasing tips and a look at the best offers and sales every week.
Thanks for reading the summary of today. Today’s bulletin was curatured for you by Elizabeth Robinson. If you are a fan, send a link to your family and friends. They can register here.