Iran diplomat says open to talks if US rules out military action – World

A high -ranking Iranian diplomat said Thursday that his country remains open to diplomacy provided that the United States offers guarantee that it will not resort to military action against the Islamic Republic.

The comments arrived as an American news website AxiosCiting two unidentified sources, they reported that the envoy of the Middle East of the White House Steve Witkoff planned to meet with Iran Foreign Minister and the Chief Negotiator of Abbas Araghchi, in Oslo next week.

Neither Tehran nor Washington confirmed the Axios Report, which said that a final date for conversations has not yet been established.

“We are for diplomacy,” said Iran’s Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs, Majid Takht-Ravanchi NBC newsAdding that the United States should “convince us that they will not use military force while we are negotiating.”

“That is an essential element for our leadership to be in a position to decide on the future round of conversations,” he added.

Tehran and Washington had held five rounds of nuclear conversations since April 12 and were ready to celebrate a new round two days before Israel launched a bombing campaign against Iran on June 13.

Israeli attacks attacked Iranian nuclear sites and killed several senior military and nuclear scientists.

On June 22, the United States launched unprecedented attacks in Iranian nuclear facilities in Fordow, Isfahan and Natanz.

According to the Judiciary, more than 900 people died in Iran during the conflict.

Israeli attacks caused waves of retaliation and missile fire drone, killing 28 people in Israel, according to the authorities.

The fire between Iran and Israel was agreed on June 24.

During the nuclear conversations, which stagnated due to the fight, Iran and the United States had been acute in the enrichment of Uranium of Iran, which Tehran considers a “non -negotiable” right and that Washington has called a “red line.”

Iran has insisted on its right to enrich uranium even after the 12 -day war with Israel.

“Our policy has not changed in enrichment,” said Takht-Ravanchi NBC news.

“Iran has every right to enrich its territory. All we have to observe is not to go to militarization.”

At the same time, Iran affirmed his commitment to the Nuclear Non -Proliferation Treaty (TNP), since he accused Germany of “Malicia” for his criticisms of Tehran’s decision to suspend cooperation with the UN Nuclear Control Agency.

“Iran is still committed to the NPT and its safeguard agreement,” Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said in a position on X.

“The explicit German support for the bombing of Iran has erased the notion that the German regime houses anything except malice towards the Iranians,” he added in response to a German Foreign Ministry after criticizing the measure.

On Wednesday, I was officially suspended their cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency, citing the agency’s failure to condemn Israeli and American attacks in Iranian nuclear sites.

In an X publication, the German Foreign Ministry asked Iran to “revert this decision”, saying that it sends a “devastating message.”

“It eliminates any possibility of international supervision of the Iranian nuclear program, which is crucial for a diplomatic solution,” he added.

Araghchi criticized what he called the “explicit support of Germany for Israel’s illegal attack against Iran” on June 13, killing the best Iranian military commanders and nuclear scientists.

On June 17, German Chancellor Friedrich Merz said that Israel was doing “dirty work … for all of us” attacking Iran’s nuclear infrastructure.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *