Islamabad: Pakistan will participate in the next season of the FIH Pro League with a parliamentary panel informed on Monday that the Federal Government agreed to release RS250 million for the event.
The problems related to the Pakistan Hockey Federation were discussed during a meeting of the Permanent Committee of the National Assembly on Inter Provincial Coordination here at the House of Parliament with MNA MNA MENA MOHAMMAD SANAULH Khan Mastikhel in the President.
During the course of the meeting, the secretary of IPC, Mohyuddin Wani, reported that the Ministry of Finance had confirmed that it will provide RS250m to guarantee Pakistan’s first participation in the Pro League.
Wani added that, although the PHF had demanded RS350m, the government had said that the country’s hockey government body should organize the remaining amount through sponsorship.
Later he told him Sunrise This financing would not be delivered directly to the PHF, but the Pakistan Sports Board will supervise it to guarantee transparency.
Pakistan had been invited by the International Hockey Federation to participate in the Pro League after the winners of the New Zealand Cup, which beat the national team in the final, retired due to financial limitations.
He offered Pakistan the opportunity to play against the best sides in the world, but with the relations between the PSB and the PHF that was attributed to the lack of responsibility of the latter, there were question signs about whether the Government will guarantee financing.
The Committee also raised interrogation signs about the legitimacy of the management of the PHF Holder, since President Tariq Hussain Bugti was appointed by the interim prime minister.
The Committee decided that the contributions of the Secretary of the Law and the Pakistan Attorney General should be taken to determine whether the interim prime minister had the mandate to eliminate or appoint anyone as Chief of PHF.
The accusations against the chief and secretary of PHF Rana Mujahid have been level by several Olympics, while MNA Shehla Raza, attending as a special guest, declared that 100 audit stops related to corruption against PHF are pending and the federal research agency should complete this investigation.
The PHF recently asked Tariq to justify the continuous lack of celebrating the PHF elections and explained its inaction in the consultation report on authorized bank accounts.
The details about the PHF income, including that through rented property and its use, it was also requested from the president, who was asked to justify the “unauthorized advantages and administrative expenses extracted by the bearers of the PHF office.”
Bugti told reporters after the committee meeting that will provide full details.
After listening to all interested parties, a subcommittee formed under the convenience of MNA Sheikh Ahmed to examine the legal status of the PHF, as well as the problems related to financial irregularities.
The Subcommittee will be assisted by the Secretaries of the Ministry of Law and IPC, the general director of the Pakistan Sports Board, a representative of the Attorney General, as well as the president and the secretary of the PHF.
Posted in Dawn, August 26, 2025