On Thursday of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (FO) on Thursday that India had no right “to blame the UN Security Council and its members for its resolutions in the Kashmir dispute when it was the one that originally approached the UN on the problem in 1948.
Fo spokesman Shafqat Ali Khan, pronounced the comments while responding to a journalist during his weekly pressing session on the Minister of External Affairs of India (EAM) S. Jaishankar about the second day of the Raisina dialogue in New Delhi on Tuesday.
In his comments, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of India had said: “After World War II, the illegal presence and occupation of a territory by another country belongs to India, what we saw in Kashmir. Now we went to the UN, what was an invasion in a dispute? [the] United Kingdom, Canada, Belgium, Australia and [the] USA.”
He had said that a strong “UN” was necessary and that required a “fair” the UN.
Responding to the comments, the FO spokesman said: “We are alarmed that the frequency of unjustified statements of Indian leadership about Jammu and Kashmir has increased. In this context, we want to clarify some things, especially with respect to the comments made by India in the Raisina dialogue in New Delhi.
“It was India who brought the issue of Jammu and Kashmir to the United Nations in 1948. Today, he has no right to blame the Security Council and its former members for the resolutions that were subsequently adopted.”
Khan said that the “repetition of without foundation statements” could not deny the fact that Jammu and Kashmir was an internationally recognized dispute territory whose final state should be determined by its people through a non -supervised plebiscite, as stipulated in the corresponding UNSC resolutions.
He said that Pakistan believed in the peaceful coexistence, adding that a peaceful agreement of the Jammu and Kashmir dispute, under the relevant resolutions and aspirations of the Kashmir UNSC was essential for lasting peace in southern Asia.
Earlier this month, FO spokesman had similarly rejected the comments made by Jaishankar in Azad Jammu and Kashmir as “no -foundation statements” while asking his country to leave the occupied areas of the region.
Speaking during a session in the group of experts of Chatham House in London, Jaishankar had said: “I think that the path we are waiting for is the return of the stolen back of Kashmir [issue is] resolved. “
The comments occurred in response to a consultation of a journalist, who said that India was illegally occupying the possibility that the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, seeks the participation of the president of the United States, Donald Trump, to resolve the dispute.
“I think we have done a good job by solving most of [the problem]”Jaishankar said, insisting that the abrogation of article 370 in 2019 and surveys in the region in October 2024 were part of that.
He had added that “restoring growth, economic activity and social justice” was another step towards the alleged efforts to solve the problem of Kashmir.
In response to those statements, FO spokesman had said: “Instead of making unfounded statements about Azad Jammu and Kashmir, India should vacate the great territories of Jammu and Kashmir under his occupation since the last 77 years.”
By pointing out that Kashmiro occupied by India was an internationally recognized territory, the FO official said that Jaishankar’s comments “misrepresent terrestrial realities and contravene international law.”
Indian participation in Jaffar Express Attack
Questioned about the reports of the participation of the Indians in the Jaffar Express train attack last week in the Bolano district of Baluchistan, as well as in general in Pakistan, the FO spokesman said: “The participation of India is clear. They have been involved in terrorism in Pakistan. And secondly, they are not just Pakistan. His country, and his participation is very clear for us.
“Regarding the issue of marking it, this is a continuous process. Our embassies are active in this. We continue to highlight it. And it may also have noticed that India never condemned this attack against Jafar Express too. That is also a point that is worth pointing out.”
Reiterating his point, Khan said: “The participation of India in the ventilation of terrorism in Pakistan, and its participation in the destabilization of Baluchistan, is very clear for us.”
‘There is no information’ of the visit of the Pakistani delegation to Israel
The FO spokesman was also persecuted by multiple questions about alleged reports of a Pakistani delegation, including journalists, visiting Israel in the middle of the devastating military campaign of the country in Gaza who has killed more than 49,000 Palestinians.
Khan said that the FO did not have “prior information or information” of the visit.
“We discovered about the visit through the same reports of the media to which he alludes. We have no detail about who visited, except an individual who published on Twitter. Since we do not know its details, we cannot comment what kind of passports they carried or were dual or not citizens.”
Khan said that Pakistan’s position with respect to Israel was “very unequivocal.”
“It is not a change in Pakistan’s position on the question of the recognition of Israel or about the question of Palestine or the problems of Arab Israel. It is still unwavering, very clear and very firm.”
He said that the FO was in the process of collecting information and that it could comment more once the ministry had more clarity on the matter.
A similar matter had occurred in May 2022 when a delegation of Pakistani expatriates, who lived in the United States, visited Israel, including an anchor from the Pakistan television corporation that was subsequently completed.
Sharaka, an Israeli non-governmental organization, had organized the visit of the Pakistan-American delegation. He also organized the alleged trip last week, according to reports of the Israeli media.