The famine was officially declared on Friday in northern Gaza, including the city of Gaza, by the main world authority on hunger, since Israel promised to drag the area if Hamas does not agree with its terms.
The famine statement for the integrated classification of the Food Security phase, or IPC, occurs when the increase in starvation in the Palestinian enclave in a spiral crisis under the military restrictions of assault and help of Israel.
Israel’s army is preparing to advance with a new operation to take the city of Gaza that could move hundreds of thousands of people and worsen the serious situation there. He has launched intense attacks in the city this week after announcing that he had begun the first stage of his planned assault.
Declared famine
The CPI, an internationally recognized system to classify the insecurity and food malnutrition, said in its report on Friday morning that the famine had been confirmed in the Gaza Governorate, and that it was projected that it expanded to the governed of Deir Al-Balah and Khan Youis further south at the end of September if the humanitarian situation does not change.
Malnutrition now threatens the life of 132,000 children under five years of age, including 41,000 severe cases, doubling May’s numbers, said the CPI.
“The famine is a race against time,” said the CPI. “A high immediate fire and the end of the conflict are fundamental to allow a large -scale humanitarian response without obstacles to save lives.”
The agency backed by the United Nations had until now only declared famine on four other occasions since it was first established in 2004, more recently in Sudan last year.
The reports of the report were received with little surprise by global health authorities and humanitarian groups.
“Hungry warnings have been clear for months,” said Cindy McCain, executive director of the World Food Program.
“A high fire is an absolute and moral imperative now,” said the general director of the World Health Organization, Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus. “The world has waited too much, observing the tragic and unnecessary deaths of this man -made famine.”
Mike Huckabee, the United States ambassador to Israel, attacked the IPC famine statement before it was officially announced.
“Do you know who is starving? The hostages kidnapped and tortured by the savages of unlocated Hamas,” he said in an X publication at dawn on Friday. “Maybe excessive terrorists could share some of their full warehouses, they stole with famous people, especially hostages.”
Israel rejected the declaration of the CPI on Friday, with its Ministry of Foreign Affairs saying that it had published a “report manufactured to fit the False Campaign of Hamas”. Hit the IPC methods.
The famine, the highest phase of the IPC food insecurity scale is classified when an area has at least 20% of households that face an extreme lack of food; At least 30% of children suffering from acute malnutrition and at least two people or four children out of 10,000 people die every day due to starvation.
But the bar can also be fulfilled if it is considered that 15% of children suffer from acute malnutrition based on the circumference of the upper middle arm with evidence that the underlying promoters quickly worsen, according to the CPI, which cited the last practice in its report.
Israel has repeatedly denied the reports of the growing starvation in Gaza, while seeking to blame any hunger in the enclave of the humanitarian groups for not distributing enough help.
Israel Threat ‘Gates of Hell’ in Gaza City
The Israeli defense minister, Israel Katz, promised on Friday to open the “doors of hell” in the city of Gaza until Hamas agreed to the conditions of Israel to end the war, including the liberation of all hostages and the complete disarmament of the militant group.

If not, he said, the city “would become Rafah and Beit Hanoun”, areas that have been largely reduced to ruins under the 22 -month offensive of Israel.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said a day before he had authorized the operation of taking over the city of Gaza, while revealed that he had instructed the “immediate negotiations” to begin an agreement to end the war in Gaza and ensure the release of the hostages that remain in the enclave.
The video statement followed Days of Silence after Hamas announced that he had accepted a fire proposal presented by Arab mediators.
The IPC statement occurs just over three weeks after warning that the “worst famine scenario” was already being developed in the Palestinian enclave under the restrictions of offensive and paralyzing help of Israel, but had emphasized that the alert was not a formal famine classification.

Help groups have repeatedly warned in recent weeks that there is still not enough food entering Gaza to avoid famine.
Meanwhile, hunger deaths in Gaza have continued to increase.
The Palestinian Ministry of Health said on Monday that he had registered three new adult deaths “due to famine and malnutrition” in a 24 -hour period, which led the total number of deaths of the starvation to 266 people, including 112 children.
Israel launched its offensive in Gaza after the attacks of 2023 led by Hamas, in 2023, in which some 1,200 people were killed and around 250 hostages, according to Israeli stories, marking a great escalation in a conflict of decades.
Since then, more than 62,000 people have been killed in Gaza, including thousands of children, according to the local Palestinian Ministry of Health, with much of the destroyed territory.
Among the dead are hundreds of people who have been killed while trying to seek help after the introduction of a new distribution system led by the Israel and the Gaza Humanitarian Foundation backed by the United States.