Nueva Delhi: External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar said on Saturday that the Government is investigating the statements of the Trump administration suggestion foreign interference in Indian elections And that “will be made.”
The president of the United States, Donald Trump, had previously said that Usaid had assigned $ 21 million to increase Voting participation In India, wondering if he was destined to “choose someone else.”
Speaking at a public event, the minister said the Trump administration has presented certain information that is worrisome. “I think, as a government, we are investigating it. My sense is that the facts will come out … USAID was allowed here in good faith, to do activities in good faith; now, suggestions of America are being presented that there are activities that are from Bad faith, “said the minister.
“It is worrying, and if there is something, then the country must know who people are involved in,” he added.
For the third consecutive day, Trump raised the same problem, saying this time, “twenty -one millions of dollars that go to my friend PM Modi in India for the participation of voters.”
“We are giving 21 million for electoral participation in India. What about us? I want an electoral participation too,” he said.
Mea had also said on Friday that Indian agencies are investigating the statements of the Trump administration. “Obviously, they are very worrying. This has led to concerns about foreign interference in the internal affairs of India,” said the MEA spokesman.
Accusations have caused a political uproar in India With the ruling party attacking Congress, saying that the financing was aimed at the opposition party. Congress has sought a white paper on USAID funds.