A shark attack in the Egyptian Red Sea resort town of Marsa Alam killed one foreigner and injured another, Egypt’s Environment Ministry said in a statement on Sunday.
The attack occurred in deep water, the ministry said, outside the designated swimming area in Marsa Alam.
The injured foreigner was taken to Porto Ghalib hospital for treatment, according to the ministry statement, adding that an emergency committee has been set up to investigate the incident.
Their nationalities have not been revealed.
There have been several similar incidents in recent years.
Last year, a deadly shark attack killed a Russian citizen in the popular tourist city of Hurghada on Egypt’s eastern coast, prompting the closure of nearby beaches.