Canada to remove many retaliatory tariffs on U.S. goods: reports


Canada will announce on Friday that is eliminating many retaliation rates on US goods, said a source familiar with the matter.

Canadian tariffs on cars, steel and aluminum of the United States will remain for now, said the source, who requested anonymity given the sensitivity of the situation.

Bloomberg News was the first to inform the move today. The sources have confirmed the general details to CBC News.

Prime Minister Mark Carney is scheduled to hold a press conference to Noon et in Parliament Hill.

Carney fought for the first time earlier this month so that some of the counter-tariffs can fall into some goods if they helped the Canadian industries to resist the commercial war with the United States.

The president of the United States, Donald Trump, signed an executive order on July 31, raising tariffs on some Canadian goods to 35 % effective at 12:01 am the next day. Canada could have been able to avoid the walk if it had managed to reach a new commercial agreement with the US. UU. On the deadline of August 1, but that did not happen.

The Trump administration said the Canada rate was being increased in response to Fentanyl traffic and Canada’s decision earlier this year to return the return to counter-tarifas.

The Canadian government has imposed retaliation tariffs on US goods.

The 35 percent tariff rate only applies to goods not covered by the Canadá-Usexico (Cusma) agreement, which governs trade between the three countries.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *