A senior Baluchistan police officer questioned on Wednesday the legitimacy of the Baloch Jakjehti (Byc) committee, who later declared that it is not a registered organization.
The Chief Organizer of Byc, Dr. Mahrang Baloch and other activists, were arrested last month for charges of removing the bodies by the force of a morgue, incitement to violence and other alleged crimes.
The case is related to an incident in the Quetta Civil Hospital, where the members of ByC allegedly assaulted the morgue and took away the bodies of five “militants” killed in an operation against trains kidnappers in early March.
The Quetta Police Inspector (DIG) Aitzaz Goraya, the provincial government spokesman, Shahid Rind and the Commissioner of Quetta, Saad Bin Asad, went to a joint press conference today at the Quetta Central Police Office, where they emphasized that the byc has the right to protest, but not for validator of public property.
“The position of the Baluchistan government has been very clear: all political parties or groups have the right to protest peacefully as guaranteed by the Constitution,” Rind said.
Dig Goraya then took the floor, describing the incident in the Civil Hospital and claiming that the members of ByC beat the hospital staff already shattered as security cameras.
“The leaders and members of Byc went to the hospital to claim the bodies, but they were told to bring the heirs,” he added. “The Byc said that they are the heirs and that they will take away the bodies. I will let you answer the question of who the Bla’s the Bla’s [Balochistan Liberation Army] The heirs are. “
Goraya claimed that the Byc not only stole the bodies, but also damaged the morgue and attacked both the police and hospital staff.
“On the one hand, they [the BYC] Talk about human rights and on the other, they own the bodies of the terrorists, ”said Goraya, adding that the byc was intercepted and the bodies recovered.
“During her ‘Pacific’ protest in Quetta, more than 36 roads in the city were destroyed, more than 18 destroyed posts and several hundred meters of burned fiber optic cables,” the excavation alleged.
“In addition, the University’s door was destroyed, a near post office and some protesters broke into a bank to steal money, but they were rejected,” he added.
The excavation also added that those involved in vandalism faced legal actions and that the first information reports (FIR) had been submitted.
“Everyone has the right to protest, but no one has the right to destroy public or private property or block the right of public passage,” Goraya said. “If you want to protest, do it in front of the press club or in the DC office.”
The excavation added that the authorities had tried to negotiate with the byc, but said that “no one was ready to listen. If they do not want to listen and simply make a tone and cry … according to the legal procedures given that the district administration had to act.”
Answering a question, Dig Goraya asked: “Where is the byc registered?”
He added: “If the byc were a registered group, a law would have applied and would have to carry out their protests according to him. But his protests are provocative.”
To a question, Rind admitted that the Internet and cell services have been suspended in Quetta due to security threats.
He continued that the government is ready to hold conversations with each interested party.
“Negotiations are underway with [Balochistan National Party chief] Sardar Akhtar Mengal in relation to the sitting Mastung.