At least two people are dead and more than a dozen were injured after a shooter opened fire in a Catholic school in Minneapolis on Wednesday, officials said to the media.
CBS Said 15 children were being treated in local hospitals, while local radio reported that several were in critical condition.
Previously, the police and the paramedics responded to an active shooter situation in a church, Local News reported, citing the Minneapolis Police Department.
“There is no active threat to the community at this time. The shooter is contained,” said the city of Minneapolis in X.
The shooting occurred in the Annunciation Church, which is also the home of a grammar school.
“Children’s families at school can go to the reunification zone at the Annunciation School,” the city said in second place in X.
Meanwhile, the governor of Minnesota, Tim Walz, said in an X post that he had been informed about the shooting and would continue to provide updates.
“I am praying for our children and teachers whose first week of school was tarnished by this horrible act of violence,” said Walz, without providing details about possible victims.
Later, the president of the United States, Donald Trump, said in a publication about Truth Social that he had been completely informed about the incident and that the White House “will continue to monitor the terrible situation.”
“The FBI responded quickly and is on the scene,” Trump added. “Please join me to pray for all those involved!”
The confirmed shooting occurs after a wave of false reports of active shooters in the US University Campus. UU. Throughout the country when students return from summer holidays.