A convoy of 70 vehicles that transported relief supplies left for Kurram on Friday in the midst of strict security measures along the route, authorities said.
After an attack on a convoy in the Bagan area, in Bajo Kurram, he kill more than 40 people in November, the confrontations resulting from decades of disputes on land have charged at least 130 more lives in the district.
The volatile security situation caused the closure of a main road for weeks, which caused a shortage of essential goods and medications in Parachinar, in Alto Kurram. While on January 1, a high fire agreement between tribes at war was signed, attacks on a convoy of the government and a help convoy this month endangered peace.
The first convoy came to Parachinar on January 8 after being trapped at the border between Hagu and Kurram for several days after an attack on Kurram DC Mehsud. Ten people died last week when a 35 -vehicle convoy was attacked in Kurram. A fourth convoy of 61 vehicles transported relief supplies arrived in Kurram on Wednesday under strict security measures.
“A convoy of 70 vehicles carrying essential supplies started from Torpal’s control post to Kurram under the supervision of the Hangu Regional Police officer, Abbas Majeed Marwat, and the Kohat division commissioner, Mutasim Billah Shah,” said Commissioner Hangu, Gohar Zaman Wazir.
The vehicles transported fruits, vegetables, ghee, sugar, chicken, eggs and various foods, said DC Wazir.
Security personnel have been deployed in several places for the safety of the convoy, according to the order of the District Police of Hagu (DPO) Muhammad Khalid.
Meanwhile, the police arrested the president of Tehsil, Agha Muzamil Hussain Fasih, this morning and a first information report (FIR) was recorded against him for making a sitting of protest, said Dpo de Kurram, Ahmad Shah.