12 killed in drone, missile strikes as Trump’s peace push stalls


Kiiv, Ukraine – Russia unleashed a massive attack during the night against the Ukrainian capital that killed at least 12 people, including three children, and injured 38, local authorities said early Thursday.

The combined attacks were the most significant to hit kyiv since President Donald Trump intensified his impulse for the end of the Kremlin War, an effort that has stagnated last week. A total of 629 drones and missiles were fired to the country during the night, said the Ukraine Air Force, one of the greatest war.

Night attacks clearly show that Russia has chosen “ballistics on the negotiating table,” said Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy in a publication about X. “All deadlines have already been lost; dozens of opportunities for diplomacy have broken down.”

The three children killed in the attack were between 2, 14 and 17, said Tymur Tkachenko, head of the administration of the city of kyiv.

The Kremlin has shown little public commitment signal in its maximalist war objectives despite Trump’s diplomatic offer.EFREM LUKATSKY / AP
Daily life in Ukraine 2025
The Ukrainians have expressed their frustration for the lack of action to punish the Kremlin for continuing to attack their cities.Kostiagyn Liberov / Getty Images
Daily life in Ukraine 2025
Almost 100 buildings were damaged and thousands of windows broke, authorities said.Kostiagyn Liberov / Getty Images

Russian attacks reached more than 20 location in kyiv, damaging houses and leaving about 60,000 residents without energy, authorities said.

NBC News heard several powerful explosions in the center of kyiv, a rare occurrence in the heart of the Ukrainian capital since the beginning of the large -scale invasion of Russia.

Rescuers took out trapped under the rubble, and the toll is expected to increase.

Zelensky reiterated his call to “new difficult sanctions” against Russia, hoping that the United States could point to Putin’s economy to force him to the table.

While Trump has given both parts more time despite the small emergency signal of the Kremlin, Ukraine has been pointing to Russian oil infrastructure in an attempt to increase the pressure.

Meanwhile, Russia has intensified its air attacks against Ukrainian cities. In July, a mass strike against kyiv killed at least 31 people, the most fatal attack against the capital since this year.

Ukraine recognized for the first time on Tuesday that the Russian troops had entered the region of the Eastern Center of Dnipropetrovsk, but said they were pushed back while the fighting continued about two villages.

Daryna Mayer reported from Kyiv and Peter Guo by Hong Kong.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *