SCO moot in China unable to adopt joint statement; Pakistan reaffirms commitment to fight terrorism – Pakistan

The defense ministers who attended the meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) on Thursday did not achieve a consensus on a joint statement due to the refusal of India, while Pakistan’s defense minister, Khawaja Asif, reaffirmed the country’s commitment to combat terrorism and promote regional peace and security within the SCO framework.

The SCO is a European security and policy group of 10 nations whose members include China, Russia, Pakistan, India and Iran. The meeting of his defense ministers was held as the precursor of the annual summit of his leaders established for autumn.

When heading to the session, Asif condemned Israel’s recent 12 -day war against Iran and emphasized the importance of collective efforts to address the global and regional security challenges in evolving, the state station PTV news reported.

“Terrorism is a common threat. Pakistan asks all states to give up politicizing the joint effort of the international community to combat terrorism means to divert attention to their internal failures,” said the Minister of Defense.

Pointing out that Pakistan denounced terrorism in all its forms, Asif, according to Payment televisionHe said that the country condemned April’s terrorist attack in the occupied asshole pahalgama, which left 26 people dead.

“We call on all states that hold these states and their state actions for accounts who planned, financed and sponsored the terrorist attack as Jaffar Express in Baluchistan,” Asif added, without appointing the country that helped the attack.

“We have in our custody … a naval commander in Kulbhushan Jadhav service [who] confessed to financing, planning and perpetry multiple terrorist attacks in Pakistan. “

The Minister of Defense highlighted the continuous role of Pakistan in counter-terrorism, using continuous operations against the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan, the Baluchistan Liberation Army and the Islamic State as an example.

The minister “welcomed SCO’s efforts against” three ills “(terrorism, separatism and extremism) and emphasized the need to strengthen cooperation in cyber security, antarcathics and counter -extermist ideologies,” PTV Read report.

During his direction, Asif also requested the fire in Gaza and emphasized the need for a stable Afghanistan “for regional connectivity and long -term stability.”

However, all members could not sign a joint statement due to what the Indian Foreign Ministry considered “a consensus to refer to” terrorism. “

“Certain members, member countries, could not arrive [a] Consensus on certain issues and, therefore, the document could not be completed on our side, “said the spokesman for the Indian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Randhir Jaiswal The times of India.

“India wanted concerns about terrorism reflected in the document, which was not acceptable to a particular country and, therefore, the statement was not adopted,” he said, without appointing the country.

According The times of IndiaNueva Delhi refused to sign the document after omitting a reference to Pahalgam’s attack.

A Pakistani official in the discussion, who requested anonymity, said Dawn.com that “India faced diplomatic isolation at the meeting of the Shanghai cooperation organization, where Pakistan achieved significant success.

“India could not link Pahalgam’s incident with Pakistan in the joint statement, he refused to sign the statement to cover his shame, he did not receive support from any Member State on the issue of Pahalgam and also remained only in his different position on Israeli aggression against Iran,” he said.

Meanwhile, Reuters They reported that China’s Foreign Ministries and Pakistan did not immediately respond to a request for comments on the Declaration of India.

Earlier on Thursday, when asked about the joint declaration, a spokesman for the Chinese Ministry of Defense said the meeting had “achieved successful results”, without elaborating.

The escalation among the neighbors with nuclear weapons began after the April 22 attack in Pahalgam, which killed 26 people. India, without research or evidence, implied “cross -border links” of the attackers. Pakistan firmly rejected the claim and requested a neutral probe.

After the accusations, India launched a series of missile attacks on Pakistan, which resulted in civilian casualties. According to public relations between services, 24 impacts were registered in six locations, leaving 33 Pakistani civilians dead and 76 injured. In response, the Pakistan army knocked down five Indian aircraft and destroyed the headquarters of the brigade and multiple control posts along the control line.

On the morning of May 10, India attacked several Pakistani air bases, which caused a rapid military response from Pakistan under the reprisal campaign Operation Bunyan-Um-Marsoos. We took the intervention to the two countries to declare the fire a stop the same day.

The summit of Thursday was the first time that the upper ministers of India and Pakistan had shared a stage from the crash.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *