US assessment finds Iran years away from nuclear weapon, refutes Israeli claims – World

As Iran and Israel warned Tuesday to intensify their attacks together after Tel Aviv attacked Tehran last Friday, an intelligence assessment of the United States discovered that Iran was not actively chasing a nuclear weapons program and was “years after producing one”, a report of a report of CNN Posted on Tuesday claimed.

After months of attacking Gaza, a flattening of households, attacking the hospitals and hunger of a besieged population, Israel expanded its assault by launching large -scale air attacks against Iran’s nuclear facilities, military sites and private residences last week, killing the main commanders, scientists and civilians.

Israeli officials have affirmed that strikes are part of a broader operation of “ascending lion” to deter Tehran’s nuclear ambitions, which the latter has constantly denied, saying that its uranium enrichment program is for civil purposes.

“Not only Iran was not actively chasing a nuclear weapon, but it was also up to three years of being able to produce and deliver one to an objective of their choice, according to four people familiar with the evaluation.” CNN reported.

This lies in contrast to the Israeli statements used as a Casus Belli for the invasion. The Israeli prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, had said in a recorded video message: “We are at a decisive moment in the history of Israel.

“Moments ago, Israel launched Operation Rising Lion, an objective military operation to reverse the Iranian threat to Israel’s survival. This operation will continue for as many days as necessary to eliminate this threat.”

An Israeli military official added that Israel was hitting “dozen” of nuclear and military objectives, including facilities in Natanz in downtown Iran. The official had claimed that Iran had enough material to make 15 nuclear bombs in a matter of days.

Now, after days of Israeli air attacks, American intelligence officials believe that until now, Israel may have delayed Iran’s nuclear program only for months, according to one of those people, CNN He quoted a United States official as he said.

“Even when Israel has caused significant damage to Iran’s facilities in Natanz, which houses the centrifugers necessary to enrich uranium, a second very fortified enrichment site in Fordow has remained effectively intact,” the report added.

Meanwhile, the BBC He informed that with respect to the Israeli claims of an Iranian nuclear bomb that was just one month away, Kelsey Davenport, director of the non -proliferation policy of the arms control association based in the United States, said Israel “did not present any clear or convincing evidence that Iran was on the edge of weapons.”

In addition, he told the outlet that Iran “has been on an almost zero break for months,” referring to the time they would take to acquire enough physifible material for a pump if he decided to do it.

Davenport added that the evaluations and estimates that Iran were just a few months after a pump “was not new.”



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *