Hamas says it’s reviewing a U.S. ceasefire deal backed by Israel

Naim said that Hamas had received an official response from the Israeli side to the proposal, but said he could not “satisfy any of the fair and legitimate demands of our people,” including an immediate cessation of hostilities. But he said that Hamas was still considering the proposal of Alto El Fuego.

Israel launched its offensive in Gaza after the terrorist attacks led by Hamas, led by Hamas, in which some 1,200 people were killed and around 250 hostages, marking an important escalation in a conflict of decades.

Since then, more than 54,000 people, including thousands of children, have been killed in Gaza, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health in the enclave, which has been administered by Hamas since 2007.

Meanwhile, help groups have warned about a serious humanitarian situation in the enclave due to the offensive blockade and 11 weeks long that forbade the entry of food and medicines before it was built last week.

President Donald Trump recognized the humanitarian crisis in Gaza on Wednesday, describing him as “unpleasant situation”, adding that “October 7 was a very unpleasant day, the worst thing I think I have seen.”

He told the journalists that the US was taking food to the Palestinian civilians, with a new system for the distribution of aid during the past week, directed by the Gaza Humanitarian Foundation backed by the United States and Israel.

GHF began operating this week after Israel raised its blockade, despite the criticisms of humanitarian groups that warned that their operations undermine a long -term humanitarian framework in Gaza and risked to compromise the independence of help operations.

They also expressed a significant concern for a plan established by Netanyahu to see the help distributed in sites in southern Gaza, effectively by forceing the Palestinians there.

However, in an update on Friday, GHF said he planned to build additional sites in Gaza, even in the northern region, “in the coming weeks.” The organization said that until now it had distributed more than 2.1 million meals to the Palestinians in the span of four days.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *