Film executive in Cannes accused of sexual assault during event – World

A vice president of one of the parallel cinematographic events at the Cannes Festival was suspended on Thursday after being publicly denounced for sexual violence, witnesses and organizers said. AFP.

During a round table about the sexual assault organized by the French Film Board (CNC), a woman stood up and publicly denounced an executive of the Cannes acid film section.

“The young woman acted with great courage and was immediately attended by the beneficial organizations present,” said Erwan Balaanant, a French deputy who was in the room. AFP.

He arrived when the main Cannes festival prohibited a French actor from the premiere on Thursday of a film in The Running for the Palma d’Or prize because three former partners accused him of rape.

The Cannes acid event is not part of the official festival, but it works at the same time and has some organizational ties.

Show promising directors and more experimental cinema. “Today, during a public round table, we listen to a testimony that implies one of our members, currently vice president of acid, in serious acts that could be equivalent to sexual violence,” two other co -chants of the organization said in a statement to a statement in a statement to a statement in a statement to AFP.

They said that the man had been suspended as a precautionary measure and that “an internal research process has been trusted to an external body.” The vice president cannot be appointed for legal reasons.

Cannes has been under pressure from parliamentarians and activists to take a tougher line about sexual violence.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *