• ISPR says that 31 lost lives, 57 wounds in six Indian attacks, Lieutenant General Chaudhry accuses India of perpetrating “terrorism” against innocent civilians
• Military vorations demolishing five airplanes, including raffles; India states that three planes “crashed” in its territory
• The shot continues through LOC; The Neelum-Jhelum Hydel project was also directed
• Trump urge both countries to stop, it offers to help, as I can
• Erdogan transmits a message of solidarity
• The UN says that the world cannot pay conflicts in S. Asia
• GAR confirms contact between national security advisors on both sides
• The UNMogip team visits AJK damaged sites as the emergency response center was created to coordinate help efforts
Islamabad: Pakistan cried on Wednesday the loss of 31 lives in the attacks of the Indian forces against civilians, qualifying the actions of New Delhi “terrorism” and accusing it of continuous violations of high fire in the control line (LOC).
Despite a reduction in the rhetoric of the Indian side, the diplomatic channels remained open, since the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ishaq Dar, confirmed the contact between the national security advisors of India and Pakistan, and the president of the United States, Donald Trump, urged both parties to stop the violence.
“I want to see to stop. And if I can do something to help, I’ll do it. I will be there,” he said.
Pakistan’s army promoted the fall of five Indian combat planes as a great victory, a claim that was apparently recognized when Indian officials admitted that at least three of their planes had “crashed” within their territory.
On Wednesday, while both countries continued exchanging heavy artillery fire, the authorities revealed the scope of the damage caused by Indian attacks in six places: Ahmedpur East, Muridke, Sialkot and Shakkargarh in Punjab and Muzaffrabad and Kotli in Azad Kashmir.
The main army spokesman said that at least 57 people had been injured in the attacks, while a hydroelectric project was also bombarded by the Indian forces.
The attached commissioner of Muzampharabad, Mudasser Farooq, said that the admission structure of the Neelum-Jhelum hydroelectric project (NJHP) was attacked the night before, which damaged the admission doors and a hydraulic protection unit. An ambulance belonging to the project was also beaten.
Lieutenant General Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry said that, according to Geneva’s conventions, it was forbidden to attack, destroy, eliminate or make useless objects that were indispensable for the survival of the civilian population, such as supplies/potable water facilities and irrigation works.
Trump’s plea and nsas chat
Donald Trump asked India and Pakistan to stop her fighting immediately, and offered to help end the worst violence between the two neighbors with nuclear weapons in two decades. “It’s very terrible,” Trump said in the White House. “I get along with both, I know both very well and I want to see it solve it. I want to see them stop.
“They have gone to Tit by eye, so I hope they can stop now, but I know that both. We get along with both countries, good relations with both of them, and I want to see it stop. And if I can do something to help, I will do it. I will be there,” he said.
Meanwhile, in an interview for World TRTForeign Minister Ishaq Dar confirmed that the National Security Advisors of India and Pakistan had been in contact. Mr. was asked about whether the NSA had spoken after night action, to which he said: “Yes, there has been contact between the two.”
Pakistan had recently appointed the general director of the ISI, General Gen Muhammad As As As As Malik as the NSA, while his counterpart of India is Ajit Doval. Previously, NDTV quoted Doval how to tell its foreign counterparts that India has no intensification. However, other voices in the Indian government seemed to contradict their feeling.
‘Operation’ India and ‘Star’
According to New Delhi, his attacks went to “terrorist camps” that served as recruitment centers, launch panels and indoctrination centers, and housed arms and training facilities. “The intelligence and monitoring of the terrorist modules based in Pakistan showed that more attacks against India were imminent, therefore, it was necessary to take preventive and caution attacks,” said Indian Foreign Secretary Vikram Misri, the top official in his Ministry of External Affairs.
Pakistan claimed to have demolished at least three Rafale fighters, and two Russian manufacturing combat planes during the commitments.
Although India did not confirm Pakistan’s claim to tear down five of her planes, the sources of the local government in Cashmiro controlled by India told Reuters that three combat planes had crashed in separate areas during the night.
The three pilots had been hospitalized, the sources added. The officials of the Ministry of Defense of India were not immediately available to confirm the report.
The images that circulate in the local media showed a large cylindrical part of silver metal that is in a field in one of the shock sites.
Meanwhile, CNN quoted a French security officer saying that at least one of the fallen planes was, in fact, a Rafale plane.
Preparations in AJK, Held Kashmir
Meanwhile, preventive measures were taken along the control line on Wednesday, since the AJK government established an emergency response center on Wednesday to coordinate rescue, relief and damage evaluation efforts.
The officials in Muzaffrabad, Haveli, Poonch and Kotli pointed out that a precise evaluation of the losses of properties was still being carried out. As part of the emergency measures, all educational institutions throughout the region were ordered closed until further notice.
In the Shawai area of Muzaffrabad, a mosque hit by missiles, killing three people, including its 80 -year -old caregiver, remained the focus of high profile visits throughout the day.
Among the visitors were members of the United Nations Military Observers Group for India and Pakistan (UNMogip), who were informed by military officers about the unpaved Indian attack.
The attached commissioner Faooq said that many residents had been evacuated from Shawai during the night and returned home in the afternoon. The residents who lived near the mosque shared heartbreaking stories of the attack.
“At the beginning, we had no idea what was happening. My daughter and I had just entered the terrace when it was beaten by the shrapnel. We immediately ran to cover yourself,” said Safeer Awan, a lawyer whose house is located just meters from the mosque.
Erdogan transmits solidarity
The Turkish president, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, has spoken by phone with Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif to transmit his solidarity after the Indian attacks, Reuters reported.
During the call, Erdogan told Prime Minister that Turkiye supported the “quiet and restricted policies” of Pakistan in the crisis, his office said in a statement.
Erdogan also described Islamabad’s call for an investigation into Pahalgam’s attack as “appropriate.”
Meanwhile, the UN has renewed its call to “maximum restriction,” APP said answering questions in an informative news session at the UN Headquarters in New York, UN spokeswoman Stephanie Tremblay, reiterated that the world cannot afford a military confrontation between the two nations.
When asked if the UN staff that served the United Nations Group of Nations in India and Pakistan, who monitors the control line, was safe, said: “Yes, we reviewed and they were all safe.”
With AFP and Reuters entrance. Anwar Iqbal in Washington and Tariq Naqash in Muzaffarabad also contributed to this report
Posted in Dawn, May 8, 2025