The Ministry of Haj and Umrah of Saudi Arabia has refuted the claims that the funds of thousands of pilgrims Haj Paquistanís were sent by mistake to the wrong bank account, emphasizing that the Haj digital platform of the Kingdom maintains the “most important levels of transparency”, Pakistan Arab news reported on Tuesday.
The clarification followed the reports of [multiple] The Pakistani media last week, who claimed that more than 67,000 Pakistani pilgrims could experience delays in their trips for Haj because millions of Saudi riyales destined for their expenses were wrongly transferred to an incorrect bank account.
“The recent statements in some Pakistani media about the ‘Haj funds that are sent to the wrong Saudi account’ have no basis and derive from a misunderstanding of the HAJ Accounts Management System and the official HAJ electronic platform of the Ministry, which guarantees the highest standards of transparency and precision.” Pakistan Arab news He quoted an official from the Saudi Ministry of Haj and Umrah saying.
According to the report, the official said that, although the Ministry of Religious Affairs of Pakistan had ended all contracts for their pilgrims without significant problems, several private companies Pakistaní lost the deadline to ensure the contracts of their pilgrims.
He told The Outlet that this recurring problem of previous years has led to incomplete entry processes, preventing these pilgrims from participating in Haj in the kingdom.
Last week, Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif had rebuked the officials of the Ministry of Religious Affairs for his alleged negligence that endangers the departure of 67,000 Potential Pilgrims Pakistani this year, ensuring that he addressed the matter with the Saudi government to solve the problem.
Local media reported that Haj’s private operators did not meet the requirements of the kingdom, depriving the 67,000 pilgrims who intend to make HAJ this year.
However, Haj’s private operators blamed the Saudi government for the delay, claiming that they had sent the payments before the deadline, but the Saudi software system was blocked.
The final date to issue visas was on April 18, according to the Saudi deadline, leaving the fate of the 67,000 uncertain pilgrims.
Meanwhile, the State Associated Press of Pakistan (app) He informed that Pakistan Haj 2025 operations officially began on Tuesday morning, with the game of the first Haj de Islamabad flight to Madinah.
“The inaugural flight, PK-713, took off at 5:21 am, carrying 427 pilgrims who will make the sacred trip in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia,” the report said.
In 2025, the Haj quota of Pakistan was established in 179,210, with half of the quota destined to be administered by Haj private operators. However, only 23,000 people were able to go under private operators.
Haj, one of the fundamental pillars of Islam, is carried out every year by millions of Muslims around the world. Pakistan receives one of the highest Haj quotas in Saudi Arabia.