A dead point continued to persist after a delegation from the provincial government arrived on Tuesday to hold conversations with the National Party of Baluchistan-Mengal (BNP-M), while its protest against the recent arrests of rights activists for rights marked its fifth day on Tuesday.
The BNP-M had announced a long march from Wadh to Quetta last Friday to protest against the arrests of the leaders and activists of the Balochjehti committee, including Dr. Mahrang Baloch and Sammi Deen Baloch, as well as the police offensive against his sitting in Quetta. Sammi was released today.
The seated is currently in Lakpass, where a delegation from the provincial government comprising Zahoor Ahmed Buledi, Bakht Muhammad Kakar and Sardar Noor Ahmed Bangulzai arrived to hold conversations with BNP-M head Sardar Akhtar Mengal. The delegation had previously known Mengal and other BNP-M leaders at the Mastung Party sitting site on Saturday night, but could not convince the end of the sitting.
In a video message posted after the conversations, Mengal said: “There has been no great advance and it has not been successful, but the conversations are ongoing.”
He also touched any report of an agreement signed between the two parties with respect to the release of protesters, saying that “rumors” without any merit were extending on social networks. Mengal added that the future course of action for protest would be announced soon in one or two days.
Today early, the leaders and officials of the various parties and political organizations of the province arrived to express solidarity, including the voice of the missing persons of Baloch, vice president, Mama Qadeer Baloch, and the general secretary general Horan Baloch, the tribal leader Sardar Nadir Langove and others.
“The Baloch nation has always supported me now, it is time for Sardar Akthar Jan Mengal to go to the participants of the seated in Mastung Lakpass today.
“The BNP sitting continues close to Lakpass, with people from all Baluchistan visiting and expressing his solidarity with Sardar Akhtar Ene.
The lawyer Sajid Tareen, interim president of BNP-M, said that the sitting would continue under the leadership of Mengal until the release of all the “Baluchistan daughters”, including Mahrang.
Going to the gathered, Mengal said that the government should bring a clear change in its policies if you wanted peace in Baluchistan, and added that the sitting was for the good of the daughters and women of Baloch detained and would continue until its release.
He said that, instead of helping the situation in the province, threats and arrests would make him even more worse, and added that people had noticed and that the circumstances were not the same as in 1970.
Mengal also criticized the provincial government for taking a rear seat to the federal government regarding the situation with messages and statements from federal ministers, while the Baluchistan government remained silent.
Meanwhile, the leader of the BNP and former Senator Sanoullah Baloch said that according to the instructions of Mengal, Wednesday it was decided as a day for relatives of missing persons from every Baluchistan to participate in the sitting with the photos of their relatives so that they could raise their voice in an organized way for recovery.
Separately, a delegation of the Association of Lawyers of the Supreme Court (SCBA) was prevented from going to Lakpass to express solidarity with the participants of the sitting ongoing, according to its president Rauf Atta.
He said Dawn.com that the delegation was arrested by security officials to go to the LakPass tunnel. He added that security officials sought a permit for the group of Quetta’s deputy commissioner, which allowed them to visit the seated.
Atta said the permit was declared necessary to eliminate the obstacles established by the security forces. He added that the delegation could not continue due to the insecure condition of other rough and unequal paths near Lakpass, which forced him to return to Quetta.
The protesters and motorists from different political parties had begun their trip to Quetta from the native city of Wadh de Mengal, around 9 am on Friday.
On Saturday, after the BNP-M said that more than 250 of its activists were arrested since its march met with police action near Mastung, Mengal and other party workers also survived a suicide bombing.