Ukrainians somber as U.S. partnership disintegrates

Kharkiv, Ukraine-civilians in this affected eastern city say they feel increasingly abandoned by the United States when President Donald Trump intensifies attacks against its war leader Volodymyr Zelenskyy.

“It’s very sad because we believe we have lost a partner and a friend,” News Ludmilla Ivanova, a 36 -year -old mathematics master at the facilities of the city of Kharkiv, told NBC. Trump will change his position. ”

Ivanova’s comments were echo by colleagues and parents of this school built underground to resist the Russian attack, as well as many Ukrainian colleagues who have observed with horror while Trump reverses US politics of isolating Russia due to their invasion and occupation of the occupation of the Ukrainian territory.

In kyiv on Wednesday, Yuliya Antonyuk, a 42 -year -old real estate agent, said the Ukrainians “could not face without US weapons and support.”

She wanted “people to stop dying every day,” said Antonyuk.

It was quite bad for many when Trump announced last week that he had spent 90 minutes on the phone with Russian president Vladimir Putin. Earlier this week, Secretary of State Marco Rubio met his Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov and Trump echoed the conversation points and the wrong information of the Kremlin.

On Wednesday, Trump called Zelenskyy “a dictator” after the Ukrainian president accused him of living in a “Russian misinformation bubble.”

Trump also said that Zelenskyy was a “moderately successful comedian” and asked Ukraine to celebrate elections, echoing the criticism of the Kremlin. Putin has ruled Russia during all but four of the last 25 years and repeatedly questioned the legitimacy of the continuous leadership of Zelenskyy.

Trump warned that Zelenskyy “moves better fast” because “he doesn’t have a country.”

Trump said that Zelenskyy had approval ratings of 4%, even thought that an opinion survey published Wednesday by the International Institute of Sociology of kyiv showed that 57% of Ukrainians trust him.

Zelenskyy, who was a popular actor and comedian before running for president, responded by calling that Russian “misinformation.”

Ukraine last celebrated the presidential elections in 2019 and had to have one last April, but Zelenskyy has said in the past that it is not possible for Ukrainians to go to surveys in times of war and that opinion is also backed by the constitution of the constitution of the constitution of the constitution of the constitution of the constitution of the constitution of the constitution of the constitution of the country.

A senior Ukraine official said the relations were grouped after Zelenskyy refused to sign a document presented by a Trump official, promising to give the United States 50 percent of the rare land mineral rights of Ukraine.

Zelenskyy said Wednesday that the US demands that Ukraine should deliver more than $ 500 billion in rare earth minerals “was not a serious conversation” and added that they cannot sell their country.

In Washington there was some rejection, including former vice president Mike Pence, who in a direct message to Trump in X wrote: “Ukraine did not ‘start’ this war. Russia launched an unpaved and brutal invasion claiming hundreds of thousands of lives. The road Towards peace must be built on the truth. ”

Republican. Senator Thom Tillis, RN.C. He said in an interview: “Do not be mistaken about it, that the invasion was the responsibility of a human being in front of this planet. It was Vladimir Putin. ”



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *